The Next Wagon - SR 8 Plank Open

Guest WM183

Also... I believe I am going to go with LMS / BR early, somewhere up north. Maybe in Yorkshire? I can get a Jinty RtR and have a loco to um, err... operate. Yes! Not play with!

Sometime after 1948.  You can run stock still branded LMS and other wagons branded BR.

I did this GW wagon (Dia O11) in that style:

P1010083.JPG.958920f051a2bc3dc403550497273cb7.JPG

Note the black patches with BR numbering.

The kit (ABS whitemetal) was given to me so I had no choice but to build it.:dontknow:

I'm glad that you will do something other than GWR/WR, phew!

Loco crest changed from early to late in 1956.  Overhead 'lectric flashes cam in in 1960.

John

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, brossard said:

Sometime after 1948.  You can run stock still branded LMS and other wagons branded BR.

I did this GW wagon (Dia O11) in that style:

P1010083.JPG.958920f051a2bc3dc403550497273cb7.JPG

Note the black patches with BR numbering.

The kit (ABS whitemetal) was given to me so I had no choice but to build it.:dontknow:

I'm glad that you will do something other than GWR/WR, phew!

Loco crest changed from early to late in 1956.  Overhead 'lectric flashes cam in in 1960.

John

Thanks much for the info!

Yeah, I love BR standards and the Ivatt locomotives too, so decided to go up north a bit. I hope an Ivatt 2-6-0 is done in RtR sometime, but for now I'll get a Jinty and maybe try to find a good kit for a 4F? 

I do like the earlier large logo livery best on wagons, but I can still have some around like that - much like your GW open above!

I totally agree about the Ivatt 2-6-0, I'd love one as well but, as far I know, an RTR model is not on the horizon.  Lionheart did talk about a BR standard 2-6-2T but things have gone very quiet.  

Will you put DCC sound in your Jinty?  I recommend Digitrains and Zimo if you do.

John

Bachmann Brass did a very nice Ivatt 2-6-0 and these turn up s/h fairly regularly.  Considering that these are handbuilt brass models they change hands for not much more than a plastic Heljan Mogul.

Re your wagon lettering - I don't want to spoil things but I doubt that any wagons with the 16" G.W. letters were still around in B.R. days.  The 16" letters were replaced by small 4" G.W. in the lower L.H. corner from 1936.  Some of the latter would, indeed, be around for several years  after 1948.  Hope this helps.

Ray.

Basecoating has begun! I will weather more over top of this, just did the first pass of weathering with the airbrush on the inside. I'll do more with some drybrushes and powders inside, and outside needs all the weather yet! Hopefully I can do justice to the kit.

FB0PrqC.jpg

Y1Sqq63.jpg

All done! Here is my full 7mm "Layout" so far; one section of Peco track and two wagons, hehe.

XXuRaqo.jpg

And a better one of the sides in natural light

INZ7aWT.jpg

Hi John,

Some van roofs were covered in a tarry canvas stuff (not sure the name) and at times it could become patchy looking in places like that. 

There is also a stray strand of cat hair, because my cat is... a cat.

=D