O no!

Pete 75C

12 hours ago, russ p said:

Pretty certain it was Pete 

...and totally modellable. Is that even a word?

OT, but when they rebuilt and lengthened the platform last year, the first job they did was to strip off the top surface revealing the construction underneath. It was like a giant Jenga puzzle of 100s of well-seasoned sleepers backfilled with ballast. The sleepers and old ballast were taken away in a fleet of grab lorries. I'm assuming the sleepers used to build the platform (1967-68ish?) would have come from the sidings that are now the car park once the level crossing was removed? Guess we'll never know.

Apologies for the off-topic ramble about Sheringham which has next to nothing to do with the model!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple more pictures of progress.

I eventually settled on a tarmac platform surface with a thin tactile strip near to the edge.

The road bridge is almost complete, but I need to figure out how to get the path leading from the road down a couple of inches in a short distance. Pictured in the background is a set of resin steps which may or may not come in useful.

More soon.

7mm_013.jpg

7mm_014.jpg

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Have a flight of steps parallel to the road, with as many 180 deg turns/landings as you need to get down to the ground.

Thanks Stubby. There will be a path parallel with the backscene descending to platform level at t'other end, I just need to get down a little bit from road level to the start of the path. I reckon 2 flights of steps as shown will do it. I'm really sorry but anyone with mobility issues will have to take the long way round!

Edit: ...the path will be pretty much a carbon-copy of the one leading down from the bridge on Croydon North Street. That worked, so I'm just gonna copy the idea.

manorroad_115.jpg

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Like 7