How to add pictures in posts?

Now call me stupid but.... (I may regret that but)

Can someone please shed some light on how to upload and add pictures to posts? Apparently my images are too big, what do I need to do and whats the best way to do it?

Regards

Stupid lol

Get yourself a copy of Irfanview, which is one of the best picture viewers available. It's free.

Open one of your images in Irfanview, and resize it. 700px max or 800px max is perfectly adequate for most RMweb usage. Save the reduced image on your local machine ('pic1-small.jpg').

The new smaller image can be 'dragged and dropped' from your file explorer onto the RMweb text editing box. (or the file can be chosen, which has the same effect).

• RMweb Gold

Are you on Windows 10? In which case try the "image resize" app. It's a free MS app that you can install from the Windows Store. Then right-click on the picture file, select "open with" and "image resize". 

4 minutes ago, RFS said:

Are you on Windows 10? In which case try the "image resize" app. It's a free MS app that you can install from the Windows Store. Then right-click on the picture file, select "open with" and "image resize". 

I'm on a Macbook... 

I'm on a Macbook... 

Open the image in the Preview app. Select Adjust Size from the Tools menu. Select the size you want from the Fit into [whatever] Pixels dialogue or type in a custom size. Save as with a new / altered title so you don't overwrite the original image file. Drag and drop or place the new image file in the text edit box. Robert is your avuncular relative.

If it helps, I'm on a Mac and use custom size with the width set at 1500 pixels. Gives a good size image, but still within the forum limits.

I import the pic into Photos on my Mac if it's too large. This screenshot was 4mb. Once in Photos you can then export it back to the desktop using these settings.

1111214290_Screenshot2020-02-01at09_15_17.jpg.3b2831acb0fcc33b004e2a8b0b735e5b.jpg

This has reduced the file to 295kb, yet you still have a reasonable image. Once on the desktop, you can just drag and drop straight into your post.

Edited by gordon s
Added pic