Station sign templates designer

I'm wondering if anyone can suggest an online or download 'thing' that one can try out different style station sign names and formats that are then printable maybe, for instance if invented a name say 'Piggs Junction'and could type it in and see various versions, preferably in  'olde big four stylee'

I'm sure you know the kind of thing I mean !!

With apologies for my non computer literate-ness! ;)

That looks good but I was more thinking of some application , or whatever you'd call it, where I could try some ideas out first to see what they look like and adjust etc, rather than having to order a sheet of stuff on spec. I may be missing something tho!

I am needing to finally create things in more O gauge size too, which I should have mentioned.

I think you are looking for something like http://windward.f1p.co.uk/download/v1.6.2-ModelSigns4U - AdobeAcrobat -- RailwaySigns.pdf but these are all rather modern for your time period - the old British Rail regional signs are at the end, the rest are more modern.  You'd have to change your printer settings if up scaling to 0 gauge.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Porkscratching said:

That looks good but I was more thinking of some application , or whatever you'd call it, where I could try some ideas out first to see what they look like and adjust etc, rather than having to order a sheet of stuff on spec. I may be missing something tho!

I am needing to finally create things in more O gauge size too, which I should have mentioned.

With Scalescenes you are ordering an app to download with customisable designs for one particular era/company.

No doubt although in 1:76 or 1:148 as David has said, scaling on a printer would give different sizes.

10 minutes ago, Dungrange said:

I think you are looking for something like http://windward.f1p.co.uk/download/v1.6.2-ModelSigns4U - AdobeAcrobat -- RailwaySigns.pdf but these are all rather modern for your time period - the old British Rail regional signs are at the end, the rest are more modern.  You'd have to change your printer settings if up scaling to 0 gauge.

Tried clicking on the link, but cannot see where you input the station name. Found Easter Region signs at the back, but again nowhere I could see to enter a station name. Using an iPad.....

Any ideas?

The overall link to a website at the end of all the pages takes you to a web developer page, so I wonder if it is still active.

2 minutes ago, gordon s said:

Tried clicking on the link, but cannot see where you input the station name. Found Easter Region signs at the back, but again nowhere I could see to enter a station name. Using an iPad.....

Any ideas?

The overall link to a website at the end of all the pages takes you to a web developer page, so I wonder if it is still active.

I'm using a Windows 10 laptop, but if I click on one of the totems and type, when I then hit return, the name that I've just typed is copied to all totems on the page.  I think the intention is simply that the sheet can then be printed and you have more than enough signs for your station.

It's obviously been created by an individual (its dated 2010) but as far as I can tell, it's simply an editable Adobe file with blank text boxes that the user can type into.  It does however have signing branded like a lot of modern-ish Train Operating Companies.

• Informative/Useful 1

Thanks for the input guys, I was hoping to find something (easily understood by an old bloke who doesn't really do computers) that you could type in a name and it would display it in various sign like forms...tbh I'll probably just try and find some individual 3D plastic letters or something..

• 1 year later...
On 02/02/2020 at 18:15, Dungrange said:

Apologies for bringing up this thread, but I'm the original creator of that file linked. It was hosted by my mate on his F1p website, but since then I've upgraded the process and files. 

Feel free to head over to https://jackbowley.wixsite.com/modelsigns4u for more!