stanhill light railway 5" narrow gauge

ossygobbin

hi all. i have decided to have my 5" garden railway in its own topic. some pics are already in my sm32 garden railway.

i will post some pics soon.

the railway was described in miniature railway  number 31.

pics are pre-sm32 layout

plus one after adding sm32

P6260039.JPG

P5230028.JPG

P7030052.JPG

P9250007.JPG

Edited by ossygobbin
pics added
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Hando said:

Have you set up the Five Inch Narrow Gauge Association? I remember reading the article on your railway in Miniature Railways Magazine a while ago...

no never happened, but there are facebook groups for 5" narrow gauge ground level railways.

• Like 1

Hoping to be making a visit to see you this spring Ozzy, have the recent storms been bad on the garden or the railways? Your garden and its 5" gauge is what set me off onto the bigger stuff, you should never have given me free reign to ride on it :lol:  It just show what can be achieved in a average semi detached sized garden. :)

On 13/02/2020 at 10:13, Owd Bob said:

Hoping to be making a visit to see you this spring Ozzy, have the recent storms been bad on the garden or the railways? Your garden and its 5" gauge is what set me off onto the bigger stuff, you should never have given me free reign to ride on it :lol:  It just show what can be achieved in a average semi detached sized garden. :)

no problem as long as the garden has dried out a bit by the. some parts of the track ended up under water, its never done that before.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25/11/2020 at 17:27, James7 said:

Those wagons look great. Are you using castings and drawings from black gates for those?

Cheers,

James

no james the wheels and axleboxes are cast ally but no longer available, drawings enlarged from existing talyllyn drawings various sources.

• 1 year later...