Realtrack 156: Who has long outstanding orders and is constantly ignored? Is there a problem I should be concerned about?

BR(S)

It seems to be a not uncommon occurrence for people who have purchased a Realtrack 156 that they are trying to get hold of their models but are being repeatedly ignored by the vendor, despite at least some of us having paid several hundred pounds in full.

I've actually spoken to Charlie Petty on the phone last November, having returned a model last September, my details were taken, including my credit card details as I asked him to add sound before returning it.

As we're now in February 2020 and these models have been out for a considerable time, I'm now genuinely concerned as to whether I am going to see anything for my money. 

Is it a case that this is simply a one man band who are a victim of their own success and who just don't seem to be able to cope with the volume of business they've generated or is there something more concerning going on? I'd be interested to hear from others who appear to be in a similar position.

For Mods casting an eye over this thread, it comes from a position of concern over what has happened to my hard-earned, having heard nothing in three months, and only then getting some news because I'd done all the running. I've tried waiting, phoning, e-mailing and PMing, but all to no outcome, so it seems pointless to do all that yet again. I really don't know what else to do now.

Edited by BR(S)

• RMweb Gold

Since Charlie is a regular on here, have you thought about PM'ing him, I seriously doubt there is anything sinister going on here, more like misplaced order, drop him a PM and I suspect all will be sorted in 24 hours.

4 minutes ago, pheaton said:

Since Charlie is a regular on here, have you thought about PM'ing him, I seriously doubt there is anything sinister going on here, more like misplaced order, drop him a PM and I suspect all will be sorted in 24 hours.

You haven't read the detail of what I've written. I've been patient, I've spoken to him on the phone, I've e-mailed him, I've PMd him and I've left messages on the RMWeb thread. As all that produced no outcome and he is clearly aware of my order as I've spoken to him directly and he wrote details down, there seems little point in doing all that again. I am clearly not the only one being ignored, hence why I started this thread, to see just how many it's happening to a d what on Earth is going on.

Edited by BR(S)

• RMweb Gold

My mistake I didn't see that bit...no need to rant at me when I last looked I didn't have a beef with you.... and actually I think Istarted typing before you edited...……..

Edited by pheaton

11 minutes ago, pheaton said:

My mistake I didn't see that bit...no need to rant at me when I last looked I didn't have a beef with you....

This thread exists purely to hear from people who have handed over hundreds of pounds to Realtrack and who just don't know what is happening with a model that has now been released for around a year I believe! As someone who got caught up in the DJ Models episode, I am now genuinely concerned about what has happened to my money or the model I paid for. Hopefully we can find out just how many people are in the same boat. Telling us to be patient, to phone, to e-mail or to PM has long ago proved fruitless.

Edited by BR(S)

I fully understand your concerns if you have been caught up financially in the DJ models fiasco in the past.

I think that the vast majority of people who know Charlie, would actually agree that there is nothing sinister about him or his business. He usually goes out of his way to help people, customers or not !!!

There must be a reason as to  why your order has gone wrong.

I understand your frustration and disappointment, but "putting it out in public" is not always the wisest choice.

I hope you find the answers to your questions.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As frustrating as it might seem, I was in the same boat in January after noticing full payment had actually been taken before Christmas, but after a quick phone call to Charlie the order turned up a couple days later. I believe it was a genuine oversight given the very large quantities of orders being dealt with.

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

As frustrating as it might seem, I was in the same boat in January after noticing full payment had actually been taken before Christmas, but after a quick phone call to Charlie the order turned up a couple days later. I believe it was a genuine oversight given the very large quantities of orders being dealt with.

Charlie could always employ more staff, and then put the prices up !!!

Then none of us would be happy.

Lol

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, BR(S) said:

You haven't read the detail of what I've written. I've been patient, I've spoken to him on the phone, I've e-mailed him, I've PMd him and I've left messages on the RMWeb thread. As all that produced no outcome and he is clearly aware of my order as I've spoken to him directly and he wrote details down, there seems little point in doing all that again. I am clearly not the only one being ignored, hence why I started this thread, to see just how many it's happening to a d what on Earth is going on.

BR(S), 

I can see your frustrated in that you have an issue with your order. Charlie has replied on here twice asking you for your name and details so he can look into it. A polite phone call to him is probably better than having a rant and slagging his customer service so it can get resolved in private for you. I’m sure there is a genuine mistake somewhere.
I’ve known Charlie for years and he is a very straight forward, honest hard working individual so don’t think you have anything to worry about. Whatever your real name is?

Mark

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MRDBLUE17 said:

BR(S), 

I can see your frustrated in that you have an issue with your order. Charlie has replied on here twice asking you for your name and details so he can look into it. A polite phone call to him is probably better than having a rant and slagging his customer service so it can get resolved in private for you. I’m sure there is a genuine mistake somewhere.
I’ve known Charlie for years and he is a very straight forward, honest hard working individual so don’t think you have anything to worry about. Whatever your real name is?

Mark

Couldn't have said it better myself !!!

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, charliepetty said:

SORRY!!  No Excuses.

Let me have your Name and what you have ordered please.

Charlie

PM sent. A real shame that this is the only way I have been able to get a response after the wall of silence I have been met with.

To Andy Young and the Mods: I appreciate you allowing me some latitude in dealing with this. As my membership history will show, I have never previously resorted to such measures and RMWeb is most certainly not the place I want to do this. It should be for more pleasant things! However, I was simply left with no other choice.

The responses to this thread just show that sometimes people have no idea what has been going on.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...

We are hoping to get out the final batch of Units now some new glazing has arrived to correct an issue some units had.

The next 2 weeks should see these done.  Sorry to all.

Charlie

Edited by charliepetty