The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Star Trek: Picard

PenrithBeacon

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, TomE said:

Good episode I thought! The scene with Raffi interrogating the 5 EMHs was great. 

Tom. 

Very funny.

Just checked as well, everything else is pay on Prime.

But I do have the entire original Star Trek on Beta.

Will have to plug a VCR into the TV.

I THINK they are second generation, but not sure, on gold boxed tapes so likely not super, but are likely to be copies from a super recording to my Std HiFi deck.

My TV. most VCRs, my consoles, part of my HiFi, my video cameras are all the same brand.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Spoilers, but I don't think for anything that's not already been mentioned in this thread.

Just got around to seeing this. It has its issues, sure (really don't like bringing back old characters just to get rid of them). Plot was a bit disjointed, slow, and pinched off Mass Effect, and it really needed tightening up and a bit more scrutiny. Started off in the "everything's crap and everyone must be miserable all the time" mould but at the end I feel that might've been deliberate in order to end having moved on past that. Trek often seems to have doddery first seasons so it's done well enough by that standard that I'm looking forward to seeing more.

I do like hardcase Seven :)

• 3 years later...
  • RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, OnTheBranchline said:

Sorry to bump this but Season 3 was excellent, way better than Season 1 and Season 2. I don't want to give away too many spoilers but if you like the old TNG or old Star Trek (TOS-VOY), you will like this one.

I thought the culmination of the plot was utter garbage but it was saved by a big dollop of fan service.

• RMweb Gold

I enjoyed the series, much better than S1 and 2 but yes, the finale was a little bit of an anticlimax. Still OK though, and there is a chance of a spinoff series with Star Trek Legacy with the Enterprise G and Seven as captain.

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 97406 said:

I enjoyed the series, much better than S1 and 2 but yes, the finale was a little bit of an anticlimax. Still OK though, and there is a chance of a spinoff series with Star Trek Legacy with the Enterprise G and Seven as captain.

Currently enjoying New Worlds. Season 2 has a crossover with Lower Decks which sounds fun.

Slightly wary if things turn out like Disney putting out more Star Wars & Marvel stuff than you can bother to keep up with...

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, 30801 said:

Currently enjoying New Worlds. Season 2 has a crossover with Lower Decks which sounds fun.

Slightly wary if things turn out like Disney putting out more Star Wars & Marvel stuff than you can bother to keep up with...

I would like something more in the future and no tie ins to anything. 

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, OnTheBranchline said:

Sorry to bump this but Season 3 was excellent, way better than Season 1 and Season 2. I don't want to give away too many spoilers but if you like the old TNG or old Star Trek (TOS-VOY), you will like this one.

I watched S1 - OK-ish, but the pacing was terrible and various aspects I found rather self-indulgent. Is S2 worth watching or should I just go straight to 3?

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, 30801 said:

Yes, SNW is good. Sort of original series meets Next Generation and well looking forward to the second one.

12 minutes ago, Reorte said:

I watched S1 - OK-ish, but the pacing was terrible and various aspects I found rather self-indulgent. Is S2 worth watching or should I just go straight to 3?

I watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of S2 and thought ‘Wow this is amazing!’ and then it just lost its way. If I had the time or the inclination I’d edit it down into a decent mini series!

Edited by 97406

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Reorte said:

You need to watch it to complete your 'what part is Brent Spiner playing this time' bingo card.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1