Bachmann 2020 Announcements - Spring

AY Mod

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

Are the 35t grain hoppers new tooling or the 1960s Trix tooling? If the latter, the "Grainflow" livery is inaccurate (unlike the Lima model, which had upgraded suspension).

If they were the new tooling they should have 38-600 series product codes to follow on from the first releases. As 33- product codes, my guess is the old tooling.

• Agree 1

Gulp at the prices of the Bluebell Buildings!! Over STG300 notes for a set of station buildings. They were pricey enough when they came out first and ended up being discounted in the local model shop and was there for a number of years on the shelf reduced. Did not help that the Windows were not attached that well and some of the chimneys had snapped off over time. put me off buying it anyhow an I plumped for the Wills kit,

I imagine people will be looking a kits again like the wills  CK16 kit, Mind you that's now tipping at 35 notes so paints n glue to be added.

Nothing of interest for me in this list thankfully!

Edited by Georgeconna
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

Is there any word of new N Gauge stuff in the works from Farish.

Per the previous thread, nothing new will be announced until it has well progressed through the development pipeline - at the earliest seems to be the EP tooling stage given a comment from Bachmann that they would no longer use prototype pictures to announce a new product.

As for new liveries on existing products, keep checking every 3 months when the next quarterly batch is announced.

Also indications were that nothing new new would be announced until maybe late this year (maybe next year) given the new policy for either OO or N.

Edited by mdvle

1 hour ago, ndg910 said:

I know Andy warned us of Bachmann's new announcement policy but this is certainly an interesting and different strategy. Somewhat thin on the ground in my view but then if this is to be repeated 4 times a year the number of items made available will soon build up. Bachmann have also used the usual bulking tactic of adding the easy win new buildings into the overall total. Its going to be difficult for them to keep all the different modellers happy in the long run and will present budgeting challenges for some. For me and for the first time in a long while there is no need for me to add anything to the wish list as the 2020 announcements (so far) has yielded nothing new or of interest from Hornby, Oxford or Bachmann. My wish list is still fair long though and am not complaining as lots to look forward to from others.

On the other hand it could help with budgeting as this approach gives us a better indication of when new items are to be released rather than it just being sometime in the future. I suppose it depends on how many items are on your wanted list in any particular quarter.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Martin.M said:

Nothing for me seems to be a lot of post 1948 stuff..... 

I heard a rumour that there are some who model post 1948 & the most popular era seems to be the 1960s.

That may be false & Bachmann's Q1 releases are just to sit on shelves annoying big four modellers?

Remember that this announcement is for items expected only during the next quarter. They have probably got other things in mind for later in the year.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It's been a good day here at Hinckley speaking to all from Bachmann. I'm glad to say that myself and Luke have spent a couple of hours heads down in the corner of the room on our laptops so it's now all available to pre-order!

Looking forward to the next announcement showcase in May! :-)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

35 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

If they were the new tooling they should have 38-600 series product codes to follow on from the first releases. As 33- product codes, my guess is the old tooling.

Agree, and the photos on Rails of Sheffield website show old tooling. Don't look like they have NEM coupling pockets either.

2 minutes ago, Iltman said:

the RRP for the C is I’m afraid to say rather extracting the urine

Yes my days of pre ordering Bachmann products are gone (the crane being the last) , I could have saved quite a bit if I'd waited before ordering the H2 and Birdcages straight away, shall be waiting for that C to end up in a sale, my 2 sunshine liveried ones were £70 and £90, personal finances are a bit tighter this year. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Ahh but they' re gilded birdcages .  £84.95 wow .   I'm watching the price of the 0-6-0s . Interested to see if Rails can still bring in the Blue 812 at £199. I hope they got Bachmann tied down on price .

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1