6 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

Callum looks like you have been somewhat busy painting all the items up. I do like the painting of the soldiers.:)

Thanks Kevin! It can be quite therapeutic. Very pleased with how they have turned out 

5 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

That's a lot to paint!!!!

Would probably take me a month!

Many thanks! Yes, a few evenings worth here. Once these bit are done the layout should hopefully fly together

• Like 1

The second instalment of a new and exciting project, creating a WW1 Micro Layout in a Hotel Room! 
In this update we take a look at the many little details I've been painting in preparation for the build, including over 30 Creates & Boxes, 25 Artillery Shells, 70 Sand Bags, and 15 W^D Models Figures, plus much more!
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, SDJR7F88 said:

The second instalment of a new and exciting project, creating a WW1 Micro Layout in a Hotel Room! 
In this update we take a look at the many little details I've been painting in preparation for the build, including over 30 Creates & Boxes, 25 Artillery Shells, 70 Sand Bags, and 15 W^D Models Figures, plus much more!
Hope you enjoy!

Absolutely superb, excellent detailing with the painting and so well documented and presented. Looking forward to when it all comes together.

All the best

Mark

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MAP66 said:

Absolutely superb, excellent detailing with the painting and so well documented and presented. Looking forward to when it all comes together.

All the best

Mark

Many thanks Mark! Glad you like the progress. Certainly took a few evening to get the figures looking right. Can't wait to get them in place on the layout! 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2020 at 21:37, SteelAndSoot said:

if I may ask

what do you use for ballast and how do you achieve the mud effect you have gotten on Amiens 1918?

Brown Fine Woodland Scenics Ballast, applied like normal. Once try the mid effect is added by hand and rubbed into the rails 50/50 Brown Woodfiller and PVA, plus a splash of brown acrylic. Hope it's of help!

The third instalment on the construction of "Argonne Forest" my WW1 Micro Layout built in a Hotel Room! 
In this update e take a look a the track work, which has been laid and ballasted. The cobble sheet which were painted in the previous update, have been cut and put into position. I also experiment with the construction of the planned bunkers, using my own photographs to create a sense of depth. 
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 28/02/2020 at 20:59, Kevin Johnson said:

I do like the colour of the ballast you are using Callum.

On 29/02/2020 at 07:29, Kevin Johnson said:

A nice third video update Callum, I do like the corridor affect on the bunker section of your layout.

Many thanks! Woodland Scenics Fine Brown, use it on most of my projects. Glad you like the effect! Very pleased with how it has turned out so far! 

On 29/02/2020 at 07:07, Marly51 said:

Love your clever technique for the bunker interior, Callum! :good_mini:

Many thanks! Looks a lot better now I have the walls on it ;) 

21 hours ago, sb67 said:

Great video Callum, the effect with the bunkers looks superb :)

Many thanks indeed! 

• Like 1

Making more mess in the Hotel Room this evening, cutting and shaping polystyrene installation board to build-up the landforms.
Once cut to size, I glued the sections into position. Once dry, they will be shaped further.
Hopefully room cleaning won't find to much mess...

FB_IMG_1583261689582.jpg

FB_IMG_1583261693710.jpg

FB_IMG_1583261696555.jpg

FB_IMG_1583261699175.jpg

FB_IMG_1583261701507.jpg

FB_IMG_1583261704356.jpg

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

Coming on nicely Callum. I think it's great you haven't stopped your modelling even though you've no space at all really. Do the hotel staff know what your building, just wondered if they've taken any interest?

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Kevin Johnson said:

I do think the polystyrene works well when forming landscapes. Looking good Callum.

Indeed, nice and light to carry around too 

3 hours ago, sb67 said:

Coming on nicely Callum. I think it's great you haven't stopped your modelling even though you've no space at all really. Do the hotel staff know what your building, just wondered if they've taken any interest?

Many thanks! It certainly hasn't! Not sure, the layout and materials are all boxed away at the end of evening. Near know, they might of had a sneak peak ;)

• Like 1

Let there be light! 
Added LED to the Bunkers, which give the effect of oil lamps. So pleased with how the scene blends into the backscene.
Other details this evening include the addition of the bunker doors and rock faces around the layout. Interior detail will be next on the cards.

FB_IMG_1583356659965.jpg

FB_IMG_1583356662473.jpg

FB_IMG_1583356665241.jpg

FB_IMG_1583356668241.jpg

FB_IMG_1583356670471.jpg

FB_IMG_1583356673220.jpg

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4