The sixth instalment on the construction of "Argonne Forest" my WW1 Micro Layout built in a Hotel Room!
In this update the layout is almost complete with the rest of the forest foliage. Many of the little details such as figures and trench items have also been put into place, bring the layout to life. 
Not only have I been working on the layout, but also the start of the rolling stock too, with the addition of a new Bachmann Baldwin Class 10-12-D 4-6-0T, which has been detailed and a modified for use on Argonne and Amiens 1918. 
The next step is to finish off wiring the electrics, before hopefully we can get our first train running! 

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After many long evenings constructing the layout from my Hotel Room in Devon, "Argonne Forest" my WW1 009 Scale Micro Layout is finally ready for it's first running session. 
Motive powder is provided by two Bachmann Baldwin 10-12-D 4-6-0T's, both fitted with Digitrains Digital Sound. These sound fitted models combined with period rolling stock (as seen on "Amiens 1918") really bring the whole scene to life, and show that you don't need a large space or room to build a model railway.
In this video we see a hive of active with supplies being brought up to the rail-head and bunkers, with returning trains carrying relieved troops from the front.
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• 1 year later...