Bachmann class 150 DMUs

Connor43002

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Market65 said:

Yes, it’s the By Arriva branding that is being removed, at least for now. I hope that helps.

Rob.

Cheers thought that was the case. Nearer the time I might pull the trigger on one. I was really hoping for them to announce a Northern 158 though, especially a 3 car

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Market65 said:

From what I understand it is just a modification of the existing body. 

Rob.

It would be nice if it was brought up to the high standards set by the new 158/159s, fortunately I have some repaints with the toilet mods on the 150/1 and 150/2 in the current Northern livery. They may just need the Arriva bit removing as stated by others above. 

Bachmman site states 'Front end details appropriate to prototype' unless they modify the cowling on the tool Class 150115 in Provincial will be incorrect as it had its original cowling design when painted in Centro livery: 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwbphotos/35380357173/in/photolist-VUrzya-LFiFdW-YX7v54-nw6Mae-2e1tc9g-Bm7gdU-8QGG9j-Xg9pqd-ku3tFa-25JNuga-26t2sq9-qyptg1-GyH9pa-fwUhUQ-bDVo4w-TeKTe9-qMkBSY-qP8n3i-qBfyam-2h5f7Gf-GyHa2H-2dnTcUZ-D2frp9-tmXNvS-rPwB2G-qAkx1J-zMnEBU-CeixVY-rZHCd6-A5LfRR-qSTWeT-YEGJMc-28B2Foh-28MME9L-AQ6ryj-pfkKny-LR3Y2H-pW7GVa-qQmpYU-BCD4aE-2hgYdH2-qxY3WF-qPtyyR-pUy98g-VM3uCr-GcHjee-2hY89FH-qQmyQb-qBNiFX-pSmjwZ

For a unit to carry the original Provincial livery in a modified cowling condition they should switch the running number to 135 or 137 as this would be accurate and date the model around 1991\1992.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I know that it’s probably a bit niche for Bachmann to do but I’d love to see them produce 950001, the Network Rail version.  I get the feeling that if Bachmann were to announce it, the orders would flood in, even if it took 6 years to produce.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

8 hours ago, jools1959 said:

I know that it’s probably a bit niche for Bachmann to do but I’d love to see them produce 950001, the Network Rail version.  I get the feeling that if Bachmann were to announce it, the orders would flood in, even if it took 6 years to produce.

I defo would, same with a pair of GWR 150/0s 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Olivia's do them but they aren't cheap.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Olivia's do them but they aren't cheap.

Everything at Olivia’s is not cheap, good quality but your paying for it 

2 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Everything at Olivia’s is not cheap, good quality but your paying for it 

Yeah I aren't saying it's bad value for what they have to do to it, it's just you need to really want it to pay the price it is!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I’d love a 150/2 in Running man sprinter livery. I know they don’t have the tooling for the window in the gangway door but I could sort something out. My mid 80’s in the north layout could really do with one. I live in hope.

As mentioned in the post above from early 2020 the pending Provincial release is wrong. Livery sample shows modified cowling on the Bachmann site although 150115 never did run in Provincial livery in this condition. Evidence in the previous posted message shows the unit in Central livery still with as built cowling so the model is not accurate.