Bachmann class 150 DMUs

Connor43002

1 hour ago, adb968008 said:

Oh Please...

ive been looking for a 4 car Kato 3-516 Hayabusa in HO scale for a reasonable price for 3+ years now... cheapest Ive found is £400.. + VAT + Customs + carriers extra surcharges.. so £500... imagine the cost of a full 10 car set.

Er 2.5 x £500?

• Round of applause 1

On 09/04/2021 at 18:18, Class 158 productions said:

Yep, was announced last month after looking at the samples. A shame for them to duplicate, although I believe the reason was the seating tooling Bachmann have, don’t cover a lot the modern ones only a few in the fleet have the older style, 216 and 202 in GWR(I think). Bit of a poor excuse when they are changing the tooling for toilet modifications. All this after the long wait and price rise is a bit annoying. Although at least we will have them soon, think pushed back to may/June now? 

I have the Kernow model and really don't understand why Bachmann is duplicating the running number.  If there is another option then why not take that, even if the only practical one is 202?  The duplication in addition to the price rise, means my money will be going somewhere else.

• Like 1

See that 32-929 is in stock at least at Kernow and elsewhere very soon priced at £271.99. That is certainly some price for a tooling based on a 2009 release that has had some 'tweaks'. The model remains incorrect on the following counts:

1, Seats were not grey on the 150\1 build series they originally were an awful blue and red stripe mix, if they had the seats dark blue that would be more realistic.

2, Model represented with cutaway cowling, 150115 had original cowling whilst in Central green livery so it is a work of fiction that the unit had a revised cowling whilst in the original livery. They should have modelled 150137 then it would have been accurate.

3, Underframe based around the 150\2 series units especially around the radiator area.

Each to the own though at least it is Class 150 a shame they do not seem to have used the coupler from the newly released Class 158 units, the working representation of the BSI.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 28/04/2021 at 17:58, cs233 said:

Each to the own though at least it is Class 150 a shame they do not seem to have used the coupler from the newly released Class 158 units, the working representation of the BSI.

The GWR one has the working bsi fitted in the samples, maybe in the detail bag? With the snowploughs etc

4 hours ago, Class 158 productions said:

Northern and GWR examples now saying June/July on the Bachmann website 

I'm worried about even seeing it between June / July, it's not been put in the Summer announcements! Bachmann seem to be really letting the customers down here in my opinion, announced in 2016? with minor modifications to the tooling (Not as much as seen for the GWR 158 which was worth a wait and is fantastic)  but it seems month by month it moves back further and further, I think they completed the modifications on the real trains before they have to the models! Not to mention the price increase, i'll pay it as I want the GWR 150 but compared to the KMRC Exclusive Bachmann FGW 150 the price and length of time to produce seems a over the top to me.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 05/05/2021 at 20:23, Class 158 productions said:

Northern and GWR examples now saying June/July on the Bachmann website 

Not sure how that works, unless I'm missing something. Shouldn't they have featured in the Bachmann announcemen or don't they because they have already been announced? I'm hopeful they do come sooner than later though!

8 hours ago, XChris said:

Not sure how that works, unless I'm missing something. Shouldn't they have featured in the Bachmann announcemen or don't they because they have already been announced? I'm hopeful they do come sooner than later though!

Their date has been continually moving back, it’s just looking on the Bachmann website and seeing it’s release date change. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 11:31, jonnyuk said:

i see the Bachmann website still says June/July for this model, if it was june i would of expected to see something in a mailshot from Rails by now, more likely July?

They were featured in the Rails email sent on 18th May "Bachmann OO Releases"

• Informative/Useful 1

Whilst I patiently wait for my two GWR 150/2s, I shall confess as Bachmann have never released either a Wessex Trains or FGW 'local line' 150/2...these are my first 150s. How easy are they to open up and remove passengers from? I have never seen something as silly as plastic passengers, but I am worried they are firmly glued down. Anyone had experience in this? Naturally I shall be re-numbering both to more suitable units, seeing as the 'Angel 12' still are due to leave GWR...if the 769s ever work! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

i think these are the first ones with passengers, i don't remember seeing them before, although i could be easily proven wrong. I would assume they are clued, other wise they will move about the carriage when in transport and then need re-seating by the new owner etc

3 hours ago, 159220 said:

Whilst I patiently wait for my two GWR 150/2s, I shall confess as Bachmann have never released either a Wessex Trains or FGW 'local line' 150/2...these are my first 150s. How easy are they to open up and remove passengers from? I have never seen something as silly as plastic passengers, but I am worried they are firmly glued down. Anyone had experience in this? Naturally I shall be re-numbering both to more suitable units, seeing as the 'Angel 12' still are due to leave GWR...if the 769s ever work! 

I've not seen them, but maybe that would explain my lack of understanding of 'plastic passengers'?

Naturally they would be plastic because most of the model is. Do the passengers look particularly bad?

5 hours ago, jonnyuk said:

I think these are the first ones with passengers

The Arriva Trains Wales version with the revised livery and sound had them.  (32-939DS).

I think they look ok. The odd thing however is that whereas Bachmann normally fit a driver to their diesel locomotives, they don't with units. So a nice sprinkling of passengers with no driver or conductor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Class 158 productions said:

Some shops are now saying in stock. Noticed on 216 samples, it has handrails. The real one currently has these removed? Anyone know when this was done? 

Which shops are these? None of my usuals seem to be showing in stock for the GWR or Northern ones. (Think the provincial one has been out for about 6 weeks?)

Edited by centraltrains
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, centraltrains said:

Which shops are these? None of my usuals seem to be showing in stock for the GWR or Northern ones. (Think the provincial one has been out for about 6 weeks?)

I saw that Richard from New Junction got his Northern one from Tony's trains

• Like 1

21 hours ago, centraltrains said:

The Bachmann website sais it's expected in June/July and doesn't state 'arrived' so unless the web page hasn't been updated it doesn't appear as though the Northern or GWR liveried samples have arrived in stock as yet.

20 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

The Bachmann website sais it's expected in June/July and doesn't state 'arrived' so unless the web page hasn't been updated it doesn't appear as though the Northern or GWR liveried samples have arrived in stock as yet.

It must be out of date then given the aforementioned Facebook post with a photo of one on it.

21 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

Must be, certainly showing as you say, arrived into stock yesterday according to the facebook post..

And I wasn't trying to sound patronising but in hindsight maybe did, I know I didn't specifically say there was a pic in the first post!

10 hours ago, TomScrut said:

I saw that Richard from New Junction got his Northern one from Tony's trains

That's where I was going to get mine from but I'm not sure if i should wait for a sound fitted model or snap up the DCC Ready one...