Bachmann class 150 DMUs

Connor43002

On 26/11/2021 at 23:21, e30ftw said:

so if it matches RAL xxx or BS xxx paint sample but when its scaled down, looks a very different shade is it right or wrong? Thats the question. I would argue it is wrong while it may be technically correct. :jester:

Agree with you.  We've had instances of manufacturers insisting their colour is correct because they used the same RAL.  If colour scales, does it become lighter/darker/richer/weaker etc?  And might not the overhead lighting source have some effect.  Most prototypes are photographed in daylight, models rarely so.

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I know people have commented on the recently released Class 150/2 in Northern livery and I’m struggling to find anything wrong with it.  Would  someone kindly point out the flaws in the model?

12 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I know people have commented on the recently released Class 150/2 in Northern livery and I’m struggling to find anything wrong with it.  Would  someone kindly point out the flaws in the model?

If you can't see them why not live in the ignorance and enjoy the model - take the blue pill Neo.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

14 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Good. The only thing I don't like, which is the big one really, is the motor occupying saloon space.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Good. The only thing I don't like, which is the big one really, is the motor occupying saloon space.

It might be a big thing to a lot of people but I try to apply the 3ft rule and if it can’t be easily seen, it’s not really a issue to me.

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, jools1959 said:

When it was released, the livery (more specifically branding) was already out of date.

The same thing will apply to the not-too-far-off Realtrack 156.

But I'm not afraid of doing a bit of the M word.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

Got my GMPTE version the other week, very happy with it. 

I have a question though. In First North Western days, did they get FNW's branding? I can't find any photos, however I might not be looking in the right places. 

Thanks 

Carwyn. 

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

When it was released, the livery (more specifically branding) was already out of date.

The same thing will apply to the not-too-far-off Realtrack 156.

But I'm not afraid of doing a bit of the M word.

I suppose that only matters if you want present day, which in my case I would have preferred but I am happy with 2020 which IIRC they hadn't changed by that point. I have decided that 2020 is a pretty good time to be focussed on (probably more variety than now with there being more transitions taking place back then than now) and would still let me have a Realtrack 142 on the layout too when they arrive!

• 4 months later...

If anyones after a sound fitted 150 then trident trains in nantwich  has 1 in central trains livery with howes sound in the preowned cabinet for £170. There was also a Regional Railways one with YouChoos sound but that came home with me

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We haven’t seen any more Bachman class 150 DMU’s in new liveries in a while now. I suspect that this is because they have only tooled the interior for the 3+2 seating which means they are limited as to what units they can produce. 

Perhaps it’s time for a tooling upgrade for this model. I don’t think it needs a complete new retool from the ground up, just a few tweaks to bring it up to the standard of the new class 158. For example they could tool up a new interior for the 2+2 seating that is most common on these units today and perhaps a new low-profile motor like the class 158 has. This will enable an improved interior and lighting features. 

150 DMU’s I have used and traveled on all of my life. They are the main units that operate around me so would like to see more liveries produced. 

Perhaps the following liveries:

Transport for Wales

Wessex Trains Maroon with local decals

GWR green 3 car 150/1

I think those are the main missing ones. Feel free to add any others I have missed. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, TrainsRule88 said:

We haven’t seen any more Bachman class 150 DMU’s in new liveries in a while now. I suspect that this is because they have only tooled the interior for the 3+2 seating which means they are limited as to what units they can produce. 

Perhaps it’s time for a tooling upgrade for this model. I don’t think it needs a complete new retool from the ground up, just a few tweaks to bring it up to the standard of the new class 158. For example they could tool up a new interior for the 2+2 seating that is most common on these units today and perhaps a new low-profile motor like the class 158 has. This will enable an improved interior and lighting features. 

150 DMU’s I have used and traveled on all of my life. They are the main units that operate around me so would like to see more liveries produced. 

Perhaps the following liveries:

Transport for Wales

Wessex Trains Maroon with local decals

GWR green 3 car 150/1

I think those are the main missing ones. Feel free to add any others I have missed. 

I think the whole York mk3 suburban bodyshell is a miss.. look at a 455/9 a 318 and a 150.. and ignoring the underfloor plug in bits you’ll be hard to find much differences when new, and not much more over the years. A bit of thought on the roof / ends would tool a half dozen multiple unit classes from Bournemouth to Scotland.

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I think the whole York mk3 suburban bodyshell is a miss.. look at a 455/9 a 318 and a 150.. and ignoring the underfloor plug in bits you’ll be hard to find much differences when new, and not much more over the years. A bit of thought on the roof / ends would tool a half dozen multiple unit classes from Bournemouth to Scotland.

That is an excellent point! I hadn’t thought about other MK3 style DMU/EMU units. The 455 would be a great choice. 

• Like 1