EY UP ! Somewhere in Deepest Devon a 7mm adventure

bgman

• RMweb Gold

Nice work G.

Beautiful place. The rocket is a good deal less obtrusive than the sign and the life belt. Would it have changed things much to move them back 2 meters, grumble grumble.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I am just wondering where is the sign warning of danger ahead. These days they seem to think people need to be told the bl**dy obvious.

Don

• Agree 3

Another Grand Day in Sunny Devon....

Making the most of the weather again I made my way to this spot....

Some motive power making its way along the estuary

IMG_4296.jpg.29f233f8c84fb1a3a5de9d3273696631.jpg

And looking back....

IMG_4297.jpg.f2324844a6f77d74daeae91bb89e9b30.jpg

Strange who you chat to, whilst I was waiting for some motive power I met a couple staying here. As the conversation expanded the chap and his good lady told me that they were volunteers on the Severn Valley, he was a Ticket inspector and his wife worked in the Buffet Cars, yet another small world !

G

• Like 19

7 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

I recognise that spot, walked down there last year.

Glad the bike is going well. Lez and I intend getting one each this year for use while we are away in the motor home.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Ade,

On a day like today it's a lovely spot to rest and watch trains fly past. 

I may be slightly biased but they do make cycling more fun and mine give me that big smile every time I ride, especially when the sun is out.

ATB

G

p.s. I may eventually succumb to doing some more modelling again one day !!! 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello BG,  I too have an e-bike a Cube Acid which is very like your first bike you show on here above.

I do like your new E-bike, what is i, I can't see a name.  Mines a pedal assist bike is yours similar as it does look quite chunky.

Just off to wander down the tracks of Worcestershire on two wheels.

Best

EDIT -- it's a Cheetah Cruiser.  Am I right?

Edited by Barnaby
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

4 hours ago, Barnaby said:

Hello BG,  I too have an e-bike a Cube Acid which is very like your first bike you show on here above.

I do like your new E-bike, what is i, I can't see a name.  Mines a pedal assist bike is yours similar as it does look quite chunky.

Just off to wander down the tracks of Worcestershire on two wheels.

Best

EDIT -- it's a Cheetah Cruiser.  Am I right?

Hi Barnaby,

I hope you enjoyed your wandering, ideal weather !

"it's a Cheetah Cruiser.  Am I right?"

In a way yes it is, they are sold under several names ( Generic bike frame and motor ) and various styles + accessories are available in the UK from a small number of retailers who put their own take on it. I have put my own tank detail on mine using vinyl cut out on my Silhouette cutter and added the leather panniers etc purchased from independent sellers at less cost. 

It's been a joy to get out following the wet weather recently and also gives me time to think about how I will proceed with the 7mm build as I cruise along the South West byways.

The Specialized Levo Turbo is currently languishing under wraps as I am thoroughly enjoying cruising around as opposed to falling off / breaking / cracking my ribs etc off road !!! :lol: More in keeping with my age I've been told ! Huh !

G

p.s. and it's also fun drifting by the Lycra clad boyos who think that they are in the Tour de Exeter or on a Velodrome !

Edited by bgman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

1I have pannier envy!! bike not steamy things. Glad your enjoying the new wheels.

Where did you pop up from ? :D

It's ok for you 'cos it's all flat where you live so cock ya leg over some wheels you know you want to !

Good to hear from you, hope you're both keeping well mate.

G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the back story on your e-bike BGman.

Who are the contacts in the UK that you dealt with?.  I can see that Amazon sold the original Cevi/Revi rolling units but not sure they are legal in the UK as they are 750WAtt but if nobody knows You're ok I suppose.   Same with the road speed max here on the UK is 15mph but that bike is specked at 28mph.

I must say it does look a beast I'd be obliged if you could PM me who I can contact to make some enquiries too as I fancy a build up.

Cheers

• Agree 1

Just now, Barnaby said:

Thanks for the back story on your e-bike BGman.

Who are the contacts in the UK that you dealt with?.  I can see that Amazon sold the original Cevi/Revi rolling units but not sure they are legal in the UK as they are 750WAtt but if nobody knows You're ok I suppose.   Same with the road speed max here on the UK is 15mph but that bike is specked at 28mph.

I must say it does look a beast I'd be obliged if you could PM me who I can contact to make some enquiries too as I fancy a build up.

Cheers

I'll send you a link in a mo !

G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surfin' USA ..... NOT ! :lol:

Another day, another ride out ending up NOT in California but the East Devon's equivalent...... Hexmuff !!! 

Yeah I know it's Suvvern territory but we do have to make a sacrifice sometimes :o

IMG_4303.jpeg.57f4dcfa762dfb28d7aeb1f8fb3380ad.jpeg

G

Edited by bgman
  • Like 13

Well, G the only problem with cycling in these flat lands with long straight roads, is if the winds aginu then it can be a long way till you get a bit of relief! And my bike is only powered by those leg things no elastictrickery here mate, it also weighs a ton!  :scratchhead:

• Friendly/supportive 3

47 minutes ago, Mike 84C said:

Well, G the only problem with cycling in these flat lands with long straight roads, is if the winds aginu then it can be a long way till you get a bit of relief! And my bike is only powered by those leg things no elastictrickery here mate, it also weighs a ton!  :scratchhead:

There's always a solution mate ! 

90.jpeg.6869b495aa5cabcf298ff064ce088839.jpeg

G

• Like 5
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Chrisbr said:

Very true, but not usually with a very effective wind blocker just in front of the mast messing with the laminar airflow over the sail (as you of all people will appreciate) :D

And not usually with just a mizzen sail.

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
On 10/06/2021 at 22:29, Mike 84C said:

tacking  along a narrow fen road and a large tractor lurches out in front of you, an oooerr mother moment!

tacking along any narrow road with ditches either side would be rather dodgey large tractor or not and even with one of those land yachts you see on Brean sands. You need a bit of width if the wind is head on.

Don

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

A relaxing ride on the "bike" earlier to Lympstone for a latte and quiet contemplation in a lovely spot and far enough from the madding crowd...

Lympstone Quay

fullsizeoutput_23da.jpeg.cc8771e4319157daaf39db98fdf7d3c3.jpeg

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yo Big G

How about doing some modelling instead of poncing around on your bike?

Says the bloke who ain't done a fing to ages.

I'm having more fun Morty and there's plenty of time for modelling when I get inspired again, but for now I am happy doin' my ting !

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 8