EY UP ! Somewhere in Deepest Devon a 7mm adventure

bgman

Brickin' It ! (still)

Following on from yesterday's post I am making some progress on the Yard Office for the "other layout" .

Brickwork given an initial coat of paint and the roof  has been slated. The left hand corner of the office has been given an initial stained area which I hope to emphasis with some further weathering and a broken rainwater downpipe. I had thought about using some of the lovely Modelu 3D prints for the RW goods but with a lead in time of approx. 10 days I have decided to scratch build my own.

Still lots to do regarding weathering etc but hopefully getting there with a slightly run down building......

IMG_4852.jpeg.3ea17236140fe4eb54edb20116083d27.jpeg

IMG_4851.jpeg.5e60437b7ed82eecf6c6496e9d5bffb4.jpeg

Laters.....

G

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 10

• RMweb Premium
On 06/10/2021 at 20:59, bgman said:

I thought he lived in Newton Abbot ? 

He now has a BIG brother to play with too.........

IMG_4729.jpeg.5d516d131a875bbc54ded918a93192f9.jpeg

And NO I won't be looking for any barbed wire fences to jump over à la Steve McQueen !

Oh ! And no queuing at petrol pumps or panicking like a headless chicken as to whether I can fill her up either.

G

That's a beast, and no pedals! How many miles will it do on a charge Gbloke?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

That's a start

1 hour ago, 2ManySpams said:

That's a beast, and no pedals! How many miles will it do on a charge Gbloke?

All relative, road conditions, weight etc as with any electric bike. I bought the smaller battery which will get me between 40/50 miles ( I've put 68 miles on it and charged it once so far at 52 miles ). There is a proposed larger battery which can be swapped over and give an 80/90 mile range.

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, bgman said:

That's a start

All relative, road conditions, weight etc as with any electric bike. I bought the smaller battery which will get me between 40/50 miles ( I've put 68 miles on it and charged it once so far at 52 miles ). There is a proposed larger battery which can be swapped over and give an 80/90 mile range.

That's better than some of the early electric cars. Do you get a special shaped shopping bag to fit where the engine should be? It could have a print of a Harley Davidson lump on each side...

• Like 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

2 minutes ago, 2ManySpams said:

Do you get a special shaped shopping bag to fit where the engine should be? It could have a print of a Harley Davidson lump on each side...

If only I had a £ every time I've heard that said ! 

Yawn.........

At my age I don't take any notice and usually play up to it :lol:

Edited by bgman
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, bgman said:

If only I had a £ every time I've heard that said ! 

Yawn.........

At my age I don't take any notice and usually play up to it :lol:

I can imagine you going along making motorbike noises though!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2

Not much to show after last night but the roof has had an initial coat of paint and will need further highlighting .....

IMG_4855.jpeg.d8d0dc98ea889f46ab985e9447bc0748.jpeg

Oh ! and a trial fitting of the chimney to the rear ( just Blue-tacked on ) 

G

• Like 12

1 minute ago, 2ManySpams said:

I can imagine you going along making motorbike noises though!

I do as it happens ! 

Look out Henry Cole :lol:

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

I would like to say that I don't fully (at all) understand DXXXX numbering, despite just having had my flu Jab.

I think £150 sheets + £10 for p&p is too much for the second hand D6325, even if it is a minter, might make him an offer if some other sukka don't buy it first.

Nice shed sir, does it contain a sh1tt3r?  Or are the GWR constipation stories true?

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

I think £150 sheets + £10 for p&p is too much for the second hand D6325, even if it is a minter, might make him an offer if some other sukka don't buy it first.

Might be worth trying matey, I've been surprised in the past with a reasonable offer. Good luck.

1 hour ago, Tim Dubya said:

Nice shed sir, does it contain a sh1tt3r?  Or are the GWR constipation stories true?

I think it will have to be a paper exercise and put it to the Shed Foreman.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

I would like to say that I don't fully (at all) understand DXXXX numbering, despite just having had my flu Jab.

How about finding a cheap one of whatever body style/finish and fitting an all green body?:

https://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/Dapol-spares/oo-gauge-spares/oo-gauge-diesel-spares/class-22-oo-body-d6325/

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Rather Draining.....

Dunno whether this works ?

( I think photographs can exaggerate what had been modelled sometimes, by the same token I can also highlight areas to be worked upon ).

Jury is out at the moment. maybe a bit more fettling ?

IMG_4858.jpeg.a0172d754c2e19afc93141f9f5307bf6.jpeg

Not finished the build anyway so I will probably leave the rainwater area to ponder upon.

G

IMG_4860.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 4
  • Round of applause 1

Yard Office build update

I have got to the stage whereby I am going to leave this model for the time being until it finds a home on the "other layout" when I will try to bed it into the ground and see how it looks.....

IMG_4861.jpeg.a0d93b1e212f87226ded4d869c5582ec.jpeg

IMG_4862.jpeg.ec0b8029ab7d9497da8d477c9aded6b3.jpeg

IMG_4863.jpeg.a448489f2b3037b30589232a2ab00452.jpeg

G

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 7

I probably won't be doing any more specifically to the "other layout" for a few days. 

I have put a "request in" for some extra insulation board ( waste off cuts from a certain source and put to good use rather than landfill )  which I hope will arrive at the end of next week, reason being that I want to make up the remainder of the baseboards in preparation for track laying.

I have gone for a lightweight construction method using the insulation as the core and need to cut up some 3mm lite-ply as the surround.

If I find it necessary I will double up on the ply but from experience I haven't found it is needed for small-ish boards in the past.

In the meantime I shall make good use of the warm weather.

G

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Dear Mr @2ManySpams your cunning plan has worked.  Just picked up a D2222, Yellow Adam Ant, on the eBay for £116 delivered (only been out the box, never run) and a nice green bod from DCC Supplies for another £24:25 delivered.

Thank you kindly sir :yes:

Excellent news Tim !

I hope it turns out to be a gud un.

p.s. I don't charge commission for using the thread !!! :lol:

• Funny 2

On 07/10/2021 at 17:37, bgman said:

Another Grand Day Out...

Quick update for today, having received an Intentio laser kit yesterday I gave it a once over with some "Halfuds" Primer and a quick mortar wash, there will be several stages for the brickwork finish which I hope will do the kit some justice. It is my first Intentio model and I must say, despite there being no instructions it is pretty obvious where every part belongs. I am particularly impressed with the corner laser cutting where it joins the adjacent part.

IMG_4845.jpg.2692f8818f9746dac5a9e2bf55094384.jpg

Having left it to thoroughly dry until I attack it tomorrow I took advantage of the fine weather and had a ride out to Topsham prior to meeting my daughter and grandson from school, good to make use of the warm days before it gets colder.

21692452_mybikeatjpeg.jpg.6e78328ba7b472c6ed8fb4a827e28d41.jpg

G

Ah a quick pint from The Lighter please. Lovely!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cowley 47521 said:

Ah a quick pint from The Lighter please. Lovely!

Ironically I took a ride out there this afternoon, no alcohol was consumed obviously. but a nice coffee was had whilst watching the world go by.

1 hour ago, Cowley 47521 said:

That’s a superb bit of work @bgman.

Thank you that's very kind of you to say so.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1