Jadlam pricing policy

carltonf

I was in two minds about whether I wanted the new Hornby Rocket or not; I think I can do without it though now!

I received two emails from Jadlam with the Rocket set for £162.  When I clicked on the link later that day, it was showing as £179.  So I emailed them asking for clarification, and they claimed the email was sent in error, and it was £179.  That was yesterday.  Today, it's £199.  £20 ABOVE RRP.  That's not what I expect from a model shop - it's what you expect from ebay - yes I understand capitalism, and supply and demand, but that's just greed.  I sincerely hope Hornby cut back on their quota.  I shall certainly not be back to Jadlam in a hurry.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Personally i'm happy with the swings and roundabouts of demand based pricing, at Jadlam or anywhere else: if I think an item is worth the asking price I'll buy it, if I don't then I won't. OK some in demand items may well be at prices above RRP, on the other hand I've recently purchased a Maunsell P-P set for 45 quid and various Hornby locos at half RRP: it cuts both ways.

23 minutes ago, carltonf said:

I was in two minds about whether I wanted the new Hornby Rocket or not; I think I can do without it though now!

I received two emails from Jadlam with the Rocket set for £162.  When I clicked on the link later that day, it was showing as £179.  So I emailed them asking for clarification, and they claimed the email was sent in error, and it was £179.  That was yesterday.  Today, it's £199.  £20 ABOVE RRP.  That's not what I expect from a model shop - it's what you expect from ebay - yes I understand capitalism, and supply and demand, but that's just greed.  I sincerely hope Hornby cut back on their quota.  I shall certainly not be back to Jadlam in a hurry.

Just order one from elsewhere Collett are indicating they have them still available to pre-order at £161

https://www.collettsmodelshop.co.uk/product/Hornby-r3810-lmr-stephensons-rocket-train-pack-era-1-free-postage/

Edited by woodenhead
  • Agree 1