Bachmann Class 20 DRS

Eden Road TMD

On 09/04/2020 at 21:15, Thebigshot said:

Hi Guys

Sorry about the high jacking of this thread but I've just ordered the whiskey galore train set I couldn't fined any reviews of it has anyone got the set and are you happy with it and most important how goods the sound

thanks

alan

Sorry for the delayed response. I've got it and the sounds are very good. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
45 minutes ago, Simon Bendall said:

Pics of the DRS deco samples in the new collectors club mag, do look rather good.

Thank you for the info. 

Can you share the photos with us please as I am not currently a member of the BCC, but I intend on buying a few of these. 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2020 at 18:34, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Can you share the photos...

I keep on F5'ing the Bachmann website every couple of hours...it is bound to appear there soon ish! Not like there is much else to do! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
On 22/05/2020 at 21:34, 159220 said:

I keep on F5'ing the Bachmann website every couple of hours...it is bound to appear there soon ish! Not like there is much else to do! 

You would have thought so wouldn't you!

Bachmann really do need to promote their offerings, especially newly tooled items more. From the EPs I have seen from videos and photos at shows/events the 20/3s look fantastic, but yet their has hardly been any mention of them on their website. 

The detailing on the chassis and inside the cab looks really extensive and I believe, along with the working Wipac lighting that the 20/3s by Bachmann will be a great success. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Ive got 3 compass ones on order, a pair and a spare.

Kind of suspect they won’t hang around long.

Is 20312 in current state?

Edit, yep looks like it

20312 Barrow Hill, Saturday, 07 March 2020

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Edit, yep looks like it

my other two will become 20305 and 20302..

But there is a small issue of a headlight between the cab windows for these two, which I can forgive 

Edited by adb968008

22 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Edit, yep looks like it

Just as well you asked about 312 and not 306 - Unfortunately 306 was the first casualty of the DRS 20 cull and was scrapped in 2013 after a period of storage (mostly in Eastleigh Works). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, surfsup said:

Just as well you asked about 312 and not 306 - Unfortunately 306 was the first casualty of the DRS 20 cull and was scrapped in 2013 after a period of storage (mostly in Eastleigh Works). 

I don't think the rest of them have long left TBH. Unfortunately....

• RMweb Gold

The last Railtour was supposed to be a trio, but they could only manage two.

Though they did say they were going to be parked up and may come back.

The 57’s on the tour had also been rested quite some time, and we’re sent to stretch their legs before that trip too.

I suspect that many locos are idling around waiting on HS2 construction work contracts and are just in quiet reserve.

16 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

I suspect that many locos are idling around waiting on HS2 construction work contracts and are just in quiet reserve.

Cough, cough, Worksop, cough

Wonder if 20303 will ever get fixed, she's still dumped by the new turntable

15 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The last Railtour was supposed to be a trio, but they could only manage two.

Though they did say they were going to be parked up and may come back.

The 57’s on the tour had also been rested quite some time, and we’re sent to stretch their legs before that trip too.

The 2 20's used on the tour have been out on route learning for the new Car flow contract https://www.directrailservices.com/news-articles/2020/01/13/new-year-new-ford-contract-for-direct-rail-services/ since the farewell tour so are not fully gone yet. The 3rd 20 is still at York as can be seen on this screenshot from railcam website

York.jpg

4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

What are they using for RHTTs in the places they were specifically used for (around Yorkshire I think?) now?

Being 20087 and 20110 are in the process of moving to Worksop I guess HNRC have the job and these are for spares. I know that when these were offered for sale it didn’t include the wheel sets 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, 25901 said:

Being 20087 and 20110 are in the process of moving to Worksop I guess HNRC have the job and these are for spares. I know that when these were offered for sale it didn’t include the wheel sets 

I remember when D8110 was preserved, indeed wasnt it one of the first preserved ? - such is the shallow world of modern image preservation

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, TomScrut said:

What are they using for RHTTs in the places they were specifically used for (around Yorkshire I think?) now?

Probably be 66s this year. DBC have already operated 66s between Barnsley and Meadowhall this year after bridge works were completed.

4 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Probably be 66s this year. DBC have already operated 66s between Barnsley and Meadowhall this year after bridge works were completed.

Ah right it was a bridge that couldn't take anything bigger was it?

I was wondering why it would be as I'd have thought simply on axle loading alone a normal 37 would be better than a 20 (or at least similar)?

Edited by TomScrut

On 07/07/2020 at 19:45, adb968008 said:

I remember when D8110 was preserved, indeed wasnt it one of the first preserved ? - such is the shallow world of modern image preservation

Such, perhaps, is the economic necessity of post-Covid Britain. 

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Such, perhaps, is the economic necessity of post-Covid Britain. 

Does that apply to BR steam locos which have been overhauled and returned to the mainline in the 1990’s too ?