Bachmann Class 20 DRS

Eden Road TMD

11 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Is that what the new WH Davies built ones are classified as on TOPS?

Yes

11 hours ago, TRAILRAGE said:

I have the Blue Flask Wagon. Didn't carry that Livery for very long if I remember and was the only one

I keep an eye out for one of those at sensible money but seem like they are very sought after. Then I decided to see if it was a real livery (which I presumed it was given it was released) yet couldn't find a photo of it in real life anywhere which makes sense if it was just one and not for long.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Yes

I keep an eye out for one of those at sensible money but seem like they are very sought after. Then I decided to see if it was a real livery (which I presumed it was given it was released) yet couldn't find a photo of it in real life anywhere which makes sense if it was just one and not for long.

Off the top of my head I believe that at least one was repainted into the blue livery. But, like you I couldn't find any photos to confirm that this was the case. I still haven't found one at a sensible price. If I do find one I will let you know. 

It would be really good if Bachmann or Accurascale judging by the latter producing the PFAs and KUAs, could produce the recently built WH Davies FNA-D wagons. I would definitely buy a few of those seeing as though I have x3 of the original Bachmann FNAs, x6 AS PFAs and the pair of KUAs on order also by AS. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

24 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

It would be really good if Bachmann or Accurascale judging by the latter producing the PFAs and KUAs, could produce the recently built WH Davies FNA-D wagons. I would definitely buy a few of those seeing as though I have x3 of the original Bachmann FNAs, x6 AS PFAs and the pair of KUAs on order also by AS. 

I agree, I did point out to AS on Facebook that I'd be keen for FNA-Ds or a KXA!

They are asking to be done IMO given how popular the existing Bachmann FNAs seem (they fetch good money on eBay which I think is probably a good indication, for every person willing to pay a premium there will be several willing to pay RRP) you think it would be a hit.

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I agree, I did point out to AS on Facebook that I'd be keen for FNA-Ds or a KXA!

They are asking to be done IMO given how popular the existing Bachmann FNAs seem (they fetch good money on eBay which I think is probably a good indication, for every person willing to pay a premium there will be several willing to pay RRP) you think it would be a hit.

That's good and which is the KXA? Are they the two or possibly more wagons that are relatively flat in the middle with slightly raised higher ends?

I'm with you and I agree. I really hope we can see some FNA-Ds and KXAs produced in the future. Bachmann have announced two more of the FNAs I believe in 2018 or 2019 which are yet to be released, and this will be the second or third batch of them I believe so their clearly is demand for nuclear wagons. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

34 minutes ago, Nick G said:

May have to sell these if the Bachmann RTR turns out OK...

DRS-Class-20s-Colwyn-Exhibition.jpg

Your 20/3's look fine Nick, I'd stick with them as they have working marker lights.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

That's good and which is the KXA? Are they the two or possibly more wagons that are relatively flat in the middle with slightly raised higher ends?

This is a KXA

Wheely Heavy

Similar size to a KUA but as far as I am aware uses for going to and from Barrow docks from Sellafield with imported reactor cores (somebody correct me if I am wrong).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This two have had buffers changed :-

550038 having Hornby Sprung Class 60 buffers fitted as I really didn't like the originals. 

550043 having Hornby Sprung Class 60 Buffers one end and MJT SPrung 18" 2ft Oleos at the other.

The last being the DRS Model with the Buffer SHanks painted Rail Red.

Cheers Trailrage

FNA 550038.JPG

FNA 550038 BUFFERS.JPG

FNA 550043.JPG

FNA 550043 OLEO BUFFERS.JPG

FNA 550011 DRS.JPG

FNA 550011 DRS B.JPG

• Like 1

A couple of shots of my old Battered Wrenn 20.  Just need to make up my mind which detail parts to use. Shawplan or PH Designs although I'm thinking a mixture. This was originally BR Green and was repainted Red Stripe Railfreight well over 30 years ago by my Dad.

Remember it having some coarse Oval buffers fitted but these were replaced with some turned Brass Oleos (possibly A1) When I got it out os storage a big chunk of the bufferbeam was missing broken away so will have to rebuild this. Its alo missing the bufferplates.  Pics are after soaking in Isoprol and having end detail filed flush. Needs some Filling and Smoothing so we'll have to see how this goes.

Cheers Trailrage 

Wrenn 20 A.JPG

Wrenn 20 B.JPG

Wrenn 20 C.JPG

Wrenn 20 D.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Nick and KDG those Compass 20/3s are fantastic and whilst I'm sure Bachmann will deliver excellent 20/3s for us, I'm sure I have read on here that they won't have the outer marker lights, but that they will have the inner marker lights. I think it's something to do with issues surrounding having several different lights close together, and that the outer marker lights are too close to the edge of the chassis and body to have functioning and working. Personally, because I don't have any 20/3s I will overlook the lack of the outer marker lights, because I'm sure apart from that they will be fantastic models. 

Trailrage and Tom, thank you for confirming that the Blue FNA does exist and for providing a link to the thread with the photos on and for confirming that the wagons that are the KUAs. I thought that they were the KUAs because I remember seeing the photos of the DRS NB 57/3s with them. I would definitely buy them if they were produced. It would be another and very different wagon to add to the collection, with more DRS traction at the helm! The Wrenn 20 is ideal for converting to a 20/3 and I'm sure your boy will be very happy with it. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

5 minutes ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

confirming that the wagons that are the KUAs. I thought that they were the KUAs because I remember seeing the photos of the DRS NB 57/3s with them

KXA you mean? :lol:

I'm sure you know somebody is doing some KUAs!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

Barwell's brilliant beasties department strikes again!

3.jpg

The full review will be in BRM March but it's very definitely not just a reheated old 20 - everything's new.

Looks lovely must be on the boat am very excited to see these nearly here!

• Moderators
1 minute ago, amarr40 said:

So when are these likely to arrive then? 

I'd guess late Jan to mid Feb depending on boats, docks, cranes, bureaucracy and lorries. Please be patient though. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

They look awesome but unfortunately they don’t fit into my era or area I’m modelling.  I genuinely hope that the standard Class 20’s are retooled soon and come up to the same standard.