Bachmann Class 20 DRS

Eden Road TMD

• RMweb Gold

I'm actually quite impressed at how quickly they've said they'll replace the bodies considering previous incorrect livery applications from other manufacturers have taken weeks/months to even be admitted, let alone decided on a solution.

• Agree 1

• Moderators

A note from Bachmann...

“Further to our discovery of an issue with the positioning of the DRS logo on Bachmann Branchline Class 20/3 No. 20306 (item Nos. 35-125 and 35-125SF), we are pleased to confirm that we have made arrangements for replacement bodies to be made and these will be supplied to consumers free of charge. The bodies are expected to be available within the next 4-6 months and we will issue further guidance once they are on the way to us. In the meantime, we ask all consumers who have purchased either 35-125 or 35-125SF to retain their proof of purchase as this will be required to obtain your replacement body when they become available.”

Fair play!

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Would this include anyone buying one now knowing there's an issue or if anyone wants this 20 do they wait for a second batch that hopefully would be correct.

But good for them for putting there hand up and sorting it

Edited by 25901
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 30/04/2021 at 11:00, rembrow said:

As I'd renumbered one of mine, I checked with Bachmann about that. They advised it wouldn't be a problem as it's unlikely they will be asking purchasers to return the old bodies.  

As a recent purchaser of  20306 I assume we need to hang on to the detail parts and not fit them......

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/04/2021 at 18:46, charliepetty said:

The will be on Zimo, but the total price is a more expensive option than this ESU option:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_66&product_id=106

Features the Latest version of Legomanbiffo ESU Version 5 Plux 22 Sound Project designed for this new model.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit confused on availability of 35-127SF.

Showing as out of stock / discontinued with most retailers I have checked but still showing as arrived on Bachmann site.

I thought the new Bachmann system was showing as arrived when in stock and removed from site when out of stock.

Did they all sell out that quickly?

• RMweb Premium

It shows arrived so that you can tell it has arrived.  While they have sold out very quickly it is possible there are stockists out there who still have stock.  If it just vanished from the Bachmann site altogether you would not know it had arrived.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dungrange said:

It looks like most places have sold out.  However, I note that Monk Bar Model Shop  in York appear to still have two listed on their website, if you still want one.

Thanks David

Got what I wanted there today.

Mark

• 4 months later...
On 29/04/2021 at 19:04, AY Mod said:

A note from Bachmann...

“Further to our discovery of an issue with the positioning of the DRS logo on Bachmann Branchline Class 20/3 No. 20306 (item Nos. 35-125 and 35-125SF), we are pleased to confirm that we have made arrangements for replacement bodies to be made and these will be supplied to consumers free of charge. The bodies are expected to be available within the next 4-6 months and we will issue further guidance once they are on the way to us. In the meantime, we ask all consumers who have purchased either 35-125 or 35-125SF to retain their proof of purchase as this will be required to obtain your replacement body when they become available.”

Fair play!

Hi all

i am just bumping this as it is a few months since Bachmann confirmed that they will provide replacement bodies.  Can I safely assume that this has still to happen?

Andrew

• 1 month later...
On 21/09/2021 at 17:17, AY Mod said:

Correct; they take a time to get produced and ship.

Hello, 

Can I ask anyone, how will Bachmann get the replacement bodies to us consumers who bought them (I bought 2) ? 

I contacted the retailer who I bought them from and they knew of the issue but had no information on the replacements, does the body come from Bachmann or the retailer? 

Is it left to the consumer to follow this up or will we get them automatically when ready? 

Thanks

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Gilbert said:

I just used the contact page on the website.

Chris

I have now been contacted & advised to send receipt and address details to this address:

service@Bachmann-europe.co.uk

I tried the Contact us on the website next seemed to crash when I tried. Kept getting a blank white screen after clicking send. I have also emailed them asking if I need to send a paper copy or if the photo I took of the receipt and attached to the email will suffice. Wait and see now.

Cheers Trailrage

• Like 1