Bachmann Class 20 DRS

A note from Bachmann.

We have become aware of an issue regarding the positioning of the DRS logo on the Bachmann Branchline Class 20/3 No. 20306 – this relates to item Nos 35-125 and 35-125SF and affects one side of the model. We would like to apologise to our valued consumers for this issue, this is clearly not the standard that should be expected of a Bachmann product. As we have only recently become aware of this issue, we are in the process of investigating and therefore further information will be provided once we have established how we will be moving forward with this matter. Please be assured, Bachmann are committed to resolving this issue to your satisfaction.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1
56 minutes ago, rembrow said:

I've had a very quick response from Bachmann. They have advised that they have recently been made aware of the error, that it is not what Bachmann expect and are investigating.

I wouldn't want be the person who signed production off......

24 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

I wouldn't want be the person who signed production off......

I would imagine that similar to the Dapol Class 68 first DRS compass livery models, where there was a mispositioning of the logo printing, this will need to have new bodies made. 

Edited by rembrow
  • Agree 1
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, martin_l_jones said:

This should help, picture of actual model posted earlier is central, the stock image is one door to left next to grills. The image on the link to the prototype matches the stock image.

Screenshot_20210422-114128_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210422-114437_Chrome.jpg

Freudien slip perhaps, its good for the early numbered 20/3’s...upto 305

(flickr url)- 20301,2&3...

20302 20301 20303 Millom 010696 img3096-1396mf-a

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2
13 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Freudien slip perhaps, its good for the early numbered 20/3’s...upto 305

(flickr url)- 20301,2&3...

20302 20301 20303 Millom 010696 img3096-1396mf-a

Unfortunately I gave renumbered one of my two as 20307, which has the same position for the logo as 20306 - doh. 

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, rembrow said:

Unfortunately I gave renumbered one of my two as 20307, which has the same position for the logo as 20306 - doh. 

The earlier ones arent quite the same though, the screen wash jets, headlights and jumper socket are in slightly different positions... otherwise it would be an easy job.

• Agree 1
7 hours ago, adb968008 said:

The earlier ones arent quite the same though, the screen wash jets, headlights and jumper socket are in slightly different positions... otherwise it would be an easy job.

NRN roof pods/mounting are also in a quite different positions between the two batches.

DSCF7081c.jpg.63a4762f7f60cf2a3c6e9d04756139d4.jpg

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 3

Been Running mine with a Kibri NEM Screw Link Coupler as they'll only ever run as a pair on my layout.  They don't work with any other DRS Loco I have and as I'll never go DCC I may well make a few Non powered Loco's to Triple head with. I have a Spare Vitrains 37 body and a spare Bachmann First Gen 37/4 Chassis frame to mount it on but will need to cut the Buffer beams off and fix to the Body due to the Length.  Most Likely use Hornby non Powered 37 Bogies with to run it on . MMMM there's a thought!

Cheers Trailrage

173326696_227766542475670_5251614008060671804_n.jpg

• Like 4
  • RMweb Gold

I'm actually quite impressed at how quickly they've said they'll replace the bodies considering previous incorrect livery applications from other manufacturers have taken weeks/months to even be admitted, let alone decided on a solution.

A note from Bachmann...

“Further to our discovery of an issue with the positioning of the DRS logo on Bachmann Branchline Class 20/3 No. 20306 (item Nos. 35-125 and 35-125SF), we are pleased to confirm that we have made arrangements for replacement bodies to be made and these will be supplied to consumers free of charge. The bodies are expected to be available within the next 4-6 months and we will issue further guidance once they are on the way to us. In the meantime, we ask all consumers who have purchased either 35-125 or 35-125SF to retain their proof of purchase as this will be required to obtain your replacement body when they become available.”

Fair play!

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Would this include anyone buying one now knowing there's an issue or if anyone wants this 20 do they wait for a second batch that hopefully would be correct.

But good for them for putting there hand up and sorting it

Edited by 25901
  • Like 2

As I'd renumbered one of mine, I checked with Bachmann about that. They advised it wouldn't be a problem as it's unlikely they will be asking purchasers to return the old bodies.  

• RMweb Gold
On 30/04/2021 at 11:00, rembrow said:

As I'd renumbered one of mine, I checked with Bachmann about that. They advised it wouldn't be a problem as it's unlikely they will be asking purchasers to return the old bodies.  

As a recent purchaser of  20306 I assume we need to hang on to the detail parts and not fit them......

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit confused on availability of 35-127SF.

Showing as out of stock / discontinued with most retailers I have checked but still showing as arrived on Bachmann site.

I thought the new Bachmann system was showing as arrived when in stock and removed from site when out of stock.

Did they all sell out that quickly?

It shows arrived so that you can tell it has arrived.  While they have sold out very quickly it is possible there are stockists out there who still have stock.  If it just vanished from the Bachmann site altogether you would not know it had arrived.

11 hours ago, Dungrange said:

It looks like most places have sold out.  However, I note that Monk Bar Model Shop  in York appear to still have two listed on their website, if you still want one.

Thanks David

Got what I wanted there today.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Anyone else on the look of for the sound fitted DRS 20 then richard at trident trains, Nantwich has one in the cabinet 

• Like 1