Bachmann Class 20 DRS

Eden Road TMD

Hi everyone,

I’m looking forward to getting a pair of compass 20/3’s. One will become 20309 as that looks to be a good match for the detail differences covered on 312. Will be nice to have them run as a pair on various flask workings or a single with a 37 as was sometimes seen. Looks like an expensive month with the WCRC 57/3 out too.

cheers

Mark

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
On 31/01/2021 at 21:46, AY Mod said:

Please, get a grip or I'll be going round everyone's layouts issuing fines for inaccuracies, inconsistencies and ineptitude in modelling.  :biggrin_mini2:

Thats me done, I’m doomed.

The only think consistent on my layout is the ineptitude, inconsistencies and inaccuracies.

i’ll share this link

https://www.gov.uk/bankruptcy

Form an orderly queue behind me.

:scared:

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Thats me done, I’m doomed.

Like a safety camera van I know where to head for easy pickings, first port of call is everyone who bought those mags with free Mk1 coaches - they won't seem so cheap when I slap a £10 fixed penalty on every one that runs out of period and have never been renumbered or weathered.

• Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Like a safety camera van I know where to head for easy pickings, first port of call is everyone who bought those mags with free Mk1 coaches - they won't seem so cheap when I slap a £10 fixed penalty on every one that runs out of period and have never been renumbered or weathered.

Ive survived round one then...

All numbered up, and sold on ebay.

;-)

i think..

On 01/02/2021 at 13:52, AY Mod said:

And what date and time did you send your email in? Be careful, I know the answer.

Be careful.. ha what is this? Sorry internet stranger.

they have since replied, with an answer, saying its down to space issues. Ah well.

rest of it looks like a good model so it will still be popular im sure.

i will just add the markers myself

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2021 at 21:57, Erixtar1992 said:

Be careful.. ha what is this? Sorry internet stranger.

they have since replied, with an answer, saying its down to space issues. Ah well.

rest of it looks like a good model so it will still be popular im sure.

i will just add the markers myself

Space issues agreed at nose end indeed (most if not all would have accepted that given they almost never lead that way), but not cab end.  Any lights at the nose end are impressive really. They seem to be suggesting various slightly vague reasons why they didn't do the cab end. The reasons seem to be more commercial than technical given what other manufacturers have similarly been achieving for some years.

Looking forward to seeing others personal efforts to resolve this and hopefully some commercial release maybe from one of the small model electronics manufacturers.

Edited by sanspareil
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

As these are due in the coming weeks, thought best check decoder supplies and realised these are using the Plux22 DCC decoder sockets, any recommendations on which make of decoder to get for these?

Seen Bachman have made one via Zimo, think I’ve seen ESU and Lenz version also.

What are the main differences between the batch covered by this model and the Brush conversions 20301-305? The main one I can see at a glance is that the WIPAC clusters at the cab end seem to be positioned lower on the Brush examples. Are there any other differences?

Cheers,

Liam

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pillar said:

What are the main differences between the batch covered by this model and the Brush conversions 20301-305? The main one I can see at a glance is that the WIPAC clusters at the cab end seem to be positioned lower on the Brush examples. Are there any other differences?

External differences on 20301-05 include

- no top headlight either end

- four fuel gauges, one on each solebar, one on front of each external tank (20306-15 only have two, on each side of the nose)

- fuel filler is in its original underframe position (20306-15 have it mounted in the solebar near the nose)

- cab light clusters slightly lower

- nose end multiple working socket higher

- radio roof pod in different position and with different baseplate shape

- windscreen washer jets higher up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

not modelling specific they are also a lower RA due to the missing fuel tank in the nose end, for that reason when they used to be able to go down the cambrian i always prefered to have 20301-305 as they weren't subject to heavy axle weight restrictions that the other members of the sub class were (slower speeds over certain bridges)

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good news!

If you've got one of the 20312 late DRS models on pre-order, expect a call from your local shop as they are arriving over the next couple of days! If you haven't got one on order, make sure you give them a call as these have pre-sold out at Bachmann so they probably won't hang around long....

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

15 hours ago, The Black Hat said:

Quick question - does the non sound version still come with the speaker fitted to the model?

I believe so, don’t have one of the magazines with a review in them to hand to check atm. 

Looks like they’re starting to get out there. Just seen a post of Instagram of someone who’s bought 2 and received them today.

regards

Ali

On 09/03/2021 at 14:58, Derails Models said:

Good news!

If you've got one of the 20312 late DRS models on pre-order, expect a call from your local shop as they are arriving over the next couple of days! If you haven't got one on order, make sure you give them a call as these have pre-sold out at Bachmann so they probably won't hang around long....

Had my call yesterday with collection tomorrow :good:

22 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

Just a quick update, the double iPhone mini speaker does fit but not where I intended, because the fan inside the body gets in the way. I had to put the stay alive in the middle near the cab and the speaker at the end in place of the factory speaker.

Richard

How easy was it to require the speaker? Simple resolder two wire job? Cheers mate. 

My 20312 arrived yesterday and i was quite taken aback with the level of detail/finesse on these - a step above my previous Bachmann purchases i think.  What's more this delivery ended a long string of deliveries which have arrived with missing/broken parts (covering most manufacturers and most couriers/postal services) - arriving in perfect condition.  Now to do some tidying up so that i can run her in...

• Like 4