DCC Interference & Heathcote Electronics IRDASC-4

dmustu

Hello,

I have fitted some signals to my layout. I have 3 three aspect signals, controlled by Heathcote Electronics IRDASC-4's, powered by 12v DC. My trains are controlled with DCC. 

I seem to have some kind if interference issue between the DCC, and one of the 3 signals, but the level of interference seems to vary according to the model and type of chip fitted. Cheaper chips like the Bachmann ones seem to affect it more than chips from Lenz or Zimo, but even with better chips fitted, Hornby models seem to have the worst effect on the signal. It mostly affects the signal when it goes green, with a train running, the green aspect will keep changing between green and yellow, certain models when the green aspect lights up it will then change to yellow and remain at that. If I stop the train, the signal will go green, and then go yellow if I start running the train. I have also noticed that with a train stopped and the signal green, if I switch on F3 for example, the signal will change to red, switch F3 off, and it will go green again!

I have swapped the IRDASC-4 for another one, same results, and also changed the signal, and still had the same results. The other two signals are not affected, the aspects change in sequence correctly, and the affected one is fine when red or yellow. I have checked the wiring between the signals, and all seems fine.

Has anyone else experienced something similar, or have any suggestions for a fix?

Thanks, Stuart.

Having spoke to Heathcote Electronics, they suggested a few things, Interference issues now sorted. All it was, was that one of the receive to send wires linking the Heathcote boards together had dropped down, and was resting on a cable I use to carry the dcc bus. Moving the wires apart solved the problem.