Bachmann Class 121

SE4 Box

After the announcement of this DMU. In January 2019 placed and paid for it on pre-order. Despite trying to get updates from Bachmann they really are being evasive as to when I can get my hands on it? Effectivley out of pocket with nothing to show for it, I am now getting a bit annoyed with them as other types have been released and are out there. Has anyone got any better updated info about it please.

Thanks

Mike 

• RMweb Gold

Have you checked other Bachmann threads on here? The company has a history of delayed releases due to multiple factors outside control of Bachmann UK. They are now making great strides in pulling back timescales. I have no idea when 121s will appear, but clearly when you ordered the model in question other manufacturers' 121/122 offerings - on sale then and now - were not suitable to you. No doubt you took potential delay into account when ordering. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Guest Half-full
4 hours ago, SE4 Box said:

After the announcement of this DMU. In January 2019 placed and paid for it on pre-order. Despite trying to get updates from Bachmann they really are being evasive as to when I can get my hands on it? Effectivley out of pocket with nothing to show for it, I am now getting a bit annoyed with them as other types have been released and are out there. Has anyone got any better updated info about it please.

Thanks

Mike 

I would contact the retailer you pre-ordered it from, you shouldn't have been charged for it until the retailer is ready to dispatch it to you.

Thanks everyone for the updates. I tend to stick with Bachmann in view of the good detail etc. my order is for the green with whiskers so not to long now. Bit frustrating though as first it was October 19 then Jan 20 now April.

• RMweb Gold

I feel your pain, Mike; as has been pointed out Bachmann have form in this regard but to be fair are doing their best to catch up.  You can think yourself lucky that the 121 is at least in the Spring pipeline, though the coronavirus situation might scupper it.  

The 94xx was announced 5 years ago for a late 2017 delivery, and I’m still waiting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SE4 Box said:

Thanks everyone for the updates. I tend to stick with Bachmann in view of the good detail etc. my order is for the green with whiskers so not to long now. Bit frustrating though as first it was October 19 then Jan 20 now April.

Good job you didnt pre-order a Bachmann 158 when they were announced.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, SE4 Box said:

Thanks

Mike 

it will come, theres no doubt about that.

You wont be out of pocket.

Ive pre-ordered / paid for stuff thats taken 2 years hence to arrive (not Bachmann).

Sit tight, it will arrive when it gets here, looking at this, the first 121 arrives in April, though events in China could delay this.

(link from elsewhere on this site)

Spring 2020 British Railway Announcements .pdf

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Didn’t Andy say somewhere that all the items in the quarterly announcements would already be on their way, bearing in mind the 6-8 weeks at sea? If so this quarters’ items should be fine. Production of next quarter’s models was presumably planned for after the Chinese New Year and its those models that could be delayed by the coronavirus restrictions and extended CNY?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1