Bachmann Inspection Saloon Body Removal

Has anyone undertaken the body removal from the chassis of the Bachmann LMS Inspection Saloon? I wish to apples some lighting and interior detail. Appreciate the two handrails need to be detached from the body along with the bogies.

Have inserted four very thin plastic sheet between the body and solebatr but it appears to be stubborn.

Any help advice photos be appreciated.

Mike

Hi Mike

From memory the body was indeed a very tight fit.   There's actually 8 clips - (4 each side) that hold the body on, one pair near the ends and 2 other pairs equally spaced along the sides. On my example a small amount of glue had also lightly glued the body to the chassis at the BB on one end - that didn't help either. 

HTH

Ken

DSCF0135.JPG

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 1 month later...

Ken

Many thanks for your help and response, I like what you have done in the photo. Can I ask what the figures are where did you purchase. Thanks Ken

Edited by SE4 Box
Missing request for further information

On 17/03/2020 at 20:17, SE4 Box said:

Ken

Many thanks for your help and response, I like what you have done in the photo. Can I ask what the figures are where did you purchase. Thanks Ken

The figures are Bachmann's 00 business men pack (36-040) - some are modified to fit, the hi-vis jacket being painted on, the model also has DCC controlled lighting with front/rear lamps and interior lighting.

HTH

• Like 1