Images now appearing in quotes

• RMweb Gold

A curious thing, as previously images (when quoted) would appear as a URL, now they are all loading as images. Unless I've accidentally enabled this myself, was this an intentional change?

The downside is it means a lot more scrolling as sometimes people prefer to quote posts rather than replying, especially in busy threads.

Edited by Corbs

I'm pretty sure that this used to happen with the old version of the forum software as well.  Or did it change for the better when the new version was implemented, and now seems to have gone back to the old functionality?

Posts which quote all of the post being responded to - and especially when the quote includes photos - simply to provide a comment which cannot easily be referenced back to the relevant part of the original post are a routine irritant (and not only on this forum).

• Agree 2

• Moderators

It's down to me testing things which affect loading. Logically you would say that this would increase the loading but I'm trying to reduce the number of scripts running to build pages.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, ejstubbs said:

Posts which quote all of the post being responded to - and especially when the quote includes photos - simply to provide a comment which cannot easily be referenced back to the relevant part of the original post are a routine irritant

Get rid of the quote button. It's possible to quote selected parts of a post, as I've done above, without it.

• Informative/Useful 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Nile said:

Get rid of the quote button. It's possible to quote selected parts of a post, as I've done above, without it.

That's actually a rather good idea if I can ever work out where it's hidden in the codefog.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Nile said:

Ahh I see if you highlight a piece of text you get a little black box with 'quote selected' in it, clicking on that puts it in the reply box. Clever :good:

• Informative/Useful 1