Hi All, only joined R M Web today and I have already posted my OO Scottish layout Glen Roy which is under construction, but this is my west country O gauge shunting layout St Budoc. It shows you don't need a big room for O Gauge.  

post-9335-127387013739_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127387022816_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127387031326_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127387039853_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127387044769_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127387052076_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127387067961_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127387071431_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 13

Guest jonte

Hi Andrew P and welcome to RM Web.

You've done exceedingly well contributing two layouts to the forum in just one day - I wonder if that's a record?!! :D

Considering building a small O gauge layout myself so have taken particular interest in this one. Plenty of operating potential too by the looks of it.

Will look to this for some inspiration - keep it up.

Jonte

Hi All, only joined R M Web today and I have already posted my OO Scottish layout Glen Roy which is under construction, but this is my west country O gauge shunting layout St Budoc. It shows you don't need a big room for O Gauge.

That's impressive, the excellent scenics and subtle weathering really lift it, despite the smallish size it has a nice open feel to it. I presume you just have a sector plate behind the halt feeding three rear lines through the bridge?

Congratulations.

Adrian

• 5 weeks later...

Dam Right I've Got The Blues !!!! ( Gary Moore ). Got my new workhorse, cant wait to get started with fitting a DCC Sound unit and the weathering, now I need a Hymek to work the china clays. I have  an 03 waiting for the paint shop, that will be in faded blue. Hope you like the pic's.  

post-9335-12765490254_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127654909516_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127654916185_thumb.jpg

post-9335-127654937844_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Struth, this 0 gauge layout AND Glen Roy, how do you do it?

Very impressive indeed.

Just in case you don't know ... Tower Models are/were doing some very serious discounts on Hymeks, not my region so I did not bite but I have dealt with them mail order and at exhibitions on numerous occasions and the service is second to none, pricing is very good as well (no connection other than a satisfied customer)

regards

Stewart

Great layout. Everything blends together well. Like to the 47 and look forward to seeing the Hymek and 03. I guess that the 03 is a kit - which one have you built?

Sorry but the 03 is a Bachmann Brassworks waiting for the paintshop.

Struth, this 0 gauge layout AND Glen Roy, how do you do it?

Very impressive indeed.

Just in case you don't know ... Tower Models are/were doing some very serious discounts on Hymeks, not my region so I did not bite but I have dealt with them mail order and at exhibitions on numerous occasions and the service is second to none, pricing is very good as well (no connection other than a satisfied customer)

regards

Stewart

Yes they are good, the Pannier is a Tower Brass model and it runs as sweet as a nut, Hattons and Loughborough Models also do good Hymek deals but I will need to save up first.   

Love the layout!! A GWR 42xx would look great on it. Can we have an overall view or track plan please?

Bob

Hi Bob, the photos at the top show all there is to see. From the fiddle yard come the coal siding at the back then the short siding for brake vans ect. and then the main feed in to a point that goes up to the level crossing and back to the china clay shed or goes to the next point for the two sidings at the end. The fiddle is a single road swiveling sector that feeds all thee tracks. It's as simple as that but good for shunting.