Model Rail Warflat kit

KDG

Hello all.

I've aquired a couple of the above. It looks like a well thought out kit, the parts for the body fold up and fit together nicely.

The appleby bogies, whitemetal, go together well too.

Not so good when they go together though. Wheel flanges rub on the underside of the bogie mount.  Anybody else built one and found the same, or come up with a work around?

Thanks in advance

I've used 12mm wheels as per the kit instructions, but they rub on underside of the etched brass  bogie mount which attaches to the underside of the wagon deck.

Thing is, the Genesis warflat kit instructions say use 10.5 mm wheels.

Which size would be more prototypical?

I'd have thought that 12 mm wheels would have been more prototypical, but if they don't make for a free running model, then you probably need to go for smaller diameter wheels, unless you can get 12 mm wheels with a finer flange.

I found this thread on building the Genesis Kits version and it does refer to 10.5 mm diameter wheels both in the photograph of the instructions and what the builder said he used.

• Thanks 1

I've read Andypops thread on building the Genesis kit too.

Not the same wagon, but they are the same bogies, my Hattons and Oxford warwell wagons both have 10.5 mm wheelsets. Not to infer that that is correct as the Hattons bogies especially seem under nourished.

Decision:- I'm going to use 10.5 mm wheelsets and then use a shim or washer if required to get the correct buffer height.

Edited by KDG
Smelling pistake x 2