The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Railway Modelling Crimes

Phil Bullock

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Andy Reichert said:

1731169127_badtrk700.JPG.3ca86e899684b83c41a8d3dc16f88c40.JPG

It takes a lot of heavy rock quarry gondolas to dent track like this line thru Los Gatos CA . Criminal damage ;)

Andy

And on the Wiregrass Central in southeast Alabama:

IMG_0873.JPG.c0ec82c137aeefb864f5c549187bf21a.JPG

IMG_0875.JPG.823a616cd996aaf3ef71e1972936df08.JPG

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
On 14/02/2020 at 07:58, Phil Bullock said:

To start us off....

TEA Trap - Mea Culpe..... along with allowing a Brush 4 to run without brake actuating arms, running a VB loco on an AB train, running a parcels train without a tail lamp, running unweathered wagons, exceeding the speed limit, incomplete lineside fencing, no point rodding and numerous other heinous crimes...makes the Ducking Giraffe seem like a Paragon of Virtue!

I have to say, I didn't really see all those errors - it looked like some really good modelling. The lower quality video gave it the effect of being shot in the 70s. It just gave it an "authentic" feel. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, choo1choo said:

...snip... Also I run hacked up Ratio LMS coaches as LBSCR 48ft. types WITHOUT CHANGING THE BOGIES TO THE CORRECT PATTERN!!!!!!! ...snip...

I would not know the difference! :biggrin_mini:

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

I would not know the difference! :biggrin_mini:

How true!  I am always amazed when it comes to what extremes others go to to alter, weather or otherwise change perfectly good items out of the box.  I have a simple answer which means unpacking item, setting on track, hooking up and turning on the power.  Thats it!:D

Brian.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, brianusa said:

How true!  I am always amazed when it comes to what extremes others go to to alter, weather or otherwise change perfectly good items out of the box.  I have a simple answer which means unpacking item, setting on track, hooking up and turning on the power.  Thats it!:D

Brian.

Sometimes I am lucky enough to get beyond taking it out of the box to examine it. :biggrin_mini:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

Using a 47/4 on freight in 1988, just about acceptable.

Running three Bogie Bolster C BQW wagons with not only no air piping but also no Rumney Models vacuum brake gear, even though I have the packs sitting on my work bench. Outrageous!

322385873_474776S92(3).jpg.8d4cef33d909f8f873e207ba1d6cd306.jpg

I've since replaced the missing cab-to-shore aerial (and renumbered the loco 47293).

• Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Flood said:

Using a 47/4 on freight in 1988, just about acceptable.

Running three Bogie Bolster C BQW wagons with not only no air piping but also no Rumney Models vacuum brake gear, even though I have the packs sitting on my work bench. Outrageous!

[...]

1 hour ago, Flood said:

I've since replaced the missing cab-to-shore aerial (and renumbered the loco 47293).

Rule 1: It's my railway and I'll run what I like. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Go away and don't bother me with your shortcomings.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 4

How about Crimes On Model Railways?

A Brush Type 2 pulled in to Sumatra Road on a rake of MK1 Suburbans bound for Broad Street. A bloke got off and retrieved his bicycle from the brake compartment. After carrying his heavy bike up the stairs on a warm afternoon, he came out of the station, chained his bike to a lamp post and nipped into 'The Main Line' for a quick pint. When he came out five minutes later, all was not well with his bicycle. Several individuals were seen running towards the flats carrying bicycle parts. The bloke was heard shouting "My bike!!!" "F***ing b*****ds" when he saw his prized possession. When he told the pub landlord he replied "'ow's ya luck son?" Later on that evening the bicycle spares trade was doing very well in the pub.

BIKE 1.jpg

BIKE 2.jpg

Edited by Baby Deltic
  • Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, Budgie said:

Rule 1: It's my railway and I'll run what I like. If you don't like it, that's your problem. Go away and don't bother me with your shortcomings.

Rule 2: I strive to make my modelling considerably nearer to perfect than my life has been.

• Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I usually buy locos with livery that appeals to me visually and is my favourite colour and choose private owner wagons based on whether I like their design and lettering. In mitigation I do try and make up reasonably prototypical trains with what I have. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Baby Deltic said:

How about Crimes On Model Railways?

Not sure if this would count or not, but this knocked over sign on my old Portway Center layout raised some chuckles at the exhibitions it attended...

post-632-0-91854300-1402782454_thumb.jpg.b59c71f6acbe61dc4530db908e73c67c.jpg

(It reads "Portway welcomes careful drivers")

• Like 6
  • Funny 6

An outbreak of violent disorder has occurred after a group of travellers were 'hawking' carpets in the pub. The local 'Firm' took umbrage to the fact they were taking a liberty on their manor and hadn't asked them first. Needless to say violence erupted outside the pub with chair legs being used as weapons.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Baby Deltic said:

An outbreak of violent disorder has occurred after a group of travellers were 'hawking' carpets in the pub. The local 'Firm' took umbrage to the fact they were taking a liberty on their manor and hadn't asked them first. Needless to say violence erupted outside the pub with chair legs being used as weapons.

Remind me never to visit your layout - it looks like a dangerous place!!! :scare:

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold

Real crime? This was our homage to the real thing...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-36293045

Couldnt bring myself to demolish the bridge parapet so we had to go back to just before the impact..

HM Constabulary were in hot pursuit in their Morris Minor but the occupants of 829 BOR seem to have their attention focused elsewhere....

Abbotswood tractor.jpg

• Like 2