GW 1361 class

Siberian Snooper

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

It doesn't look to be very promising for any info, if the great and good on this forum, don't know where I might source the info, then at least I'm not likely to get hauled over the coals for getting wrong.

I doubt you'll find any unless you are very lucky.  When researching detail on the 1361s for the Kernow model I only managed to find two Pre-WWII photos of them in traffic -

1362 at Mutley in 1937, rear three quarters view, left hand side of engine, and

1365 in 1938, front three quarters view right hand side of engine.  

No grab rails on bunker.

The one thing I can add is that one of the class was probably carrying the saddle tank of one of the previous CR engines by then but I don't know which one as the tank might well have moved around or was kept as a works spare (and was the only 1361 saddle tank to make it into preservation - hence two different rivet patterns on the tanks on the Kernow model).

Edited by The Stationmaster

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Further to my earlier requests,  does anyone have any photos of the cab interior and backhead, please.

TIA.

Sorry no - only some odds and ends of individual items and I don't think ay were from the cab. 1363 at Didcot had not been re-erected the last time I was there but it might well be reassembled some time this year (if the GWS has the money to do it) as work on the chassis etc was fairly complete the last time I saw the engine

Edited by The Stationmaster

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Stationmaster.

I will await developments at Didcot,  I  did PM Castle and after I sent the message, I noticed that he's not been active on here since March,  I do hope that he is ok, but  in these trying times, one can't take things for granted.

SS

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Siberian Snooper said:

Thanks Stationmaster.

I will await developments at Didcot,  I  did PM Castle and after I sent the message, I noticed that he's not been active on here since March,  I do hope that he is ok, but  in these trying times, one can't take things for granted.

SS

I do know that for the whole of the lock down period very few staff at Didcot were attending for work on site - basically someone coming in to check the post and presumably a bit of site security?   And that was I think still the case until a few weeks back

• Informative/Useful 1