Want a TfW 67 in model form? Let us know...

MGR Hooper!

Transport for Wales have taken on ex-LNER Mk4 coaches to run their cross-Wales 1st class services! Want a TfW 67 in model form? Let us know: http://bit.ly/31Vxa9N

Their fleet of 67s and DVTs have received a new coat of paint to run with them - what do you think?

Saw this on facebook today, seems like Hattons are looking to gauge interest for this! I am not sure whether they plan on commissioning this as a limited edition train pack, or if they're just looking to see if people want it. Anyway if you'll want a TfW Class 67 and possibly a Mk4 DVT, then head over to the page linked in the quote above and tick those boxes.

It's really interesting to see them list the Class 67 in O gauge, I wonder if they're working on an O gauge Class 67 or know of a manufacturer that is.

The good thing about this (and the alleged use of the mk4s up to Blackpool with 90s) is that now there are potentially 3 regions of interest for the mk4 giving them better reasoning to retool them to go with the 91s. Once the 91s from Hornby turn up then these three trains are asking for a good mk4 as the locos are all well tooled (subject to TFW and GC/whatever liveries).

It could also simply be a case of information gathering to allow decisions to be made with no actual plan or intention at the moment other than gathering said information

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

Just now, surfsup said:

It'll be even easier for any manufacturer producing the TfW Mk4s, as it's VTEC / LNER base with TFW logos added down the side. 

Ah they aren't repainting them in due course? I presumed it was temporary given the DVTs have been painted.

11 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

It's really interesting to see them list the Class 67 in O gauge, I wonder if they're working on an O gauge Class 67 or know of a manufacturer that is.

If you click the link you see that it is Hattons Dreamlist, where you sign up for notification for if and when a manufacturer announces that model. Hattons Dreamlist is covered in this thread:

Although they have changed the format of how you sign up has changed. Instead of a product page that is searchable on the Hattons website, it is a link from the Hattons social media.

• Thanks 1