Heljan CLASS 47/57 CHASSIS INFO REQD

RBC

I'v picked up a decent Heljan 47715 body in Scotrail colours and looking to model it in the era of push/pull operations.

Looking for some help regarding the correct chassis I should be looking for, some things that have come to mind detailed below.

I need to get one which has buffer beam cowling, or pick up a spare buffer beam ?

I read somewhere the supplied chassis for both 47714 and 47715 may have the incorrect fuel tanks ?

These 47/7's had white pipework on one side of the fuel tanks, would a Class 57 chassis which has similar pipework be suitable (don't have one to compare) ?

I've also made a 'Wanted' post for TDM cables which are missing.

Anything else I've missed please let me know.

Any info appreciated

Correct on the buffer beam cowling and the fuel tank/battery box being incorrect. The 47/7's were fitted with long range tanks such as those fitted to Heljan 47805 / 847 chais but I don't think either of these have the cowled buffer beam.

I recently completed a Heljan 47715 Haymarket and made my own white pipework from plasticard rod to fit onto the long range tanks I swapped from a 47847, not as good as I would like it to be but it will do for now until I make a brass wire version - see my ScotRail workbench thread. I also did a comparison of the front of the prototype versus the Bachmann 47708 out of the box and my modification to get the correct look. I applied the same work to the Heljan 47/7 which has the benefit of the plough mounting points which are useful for the ETH connections. 

The Heljan TDM/RCH cables are the better proportioned ones compared to the Bachmann so hope someone has spares for you.

Cheers

Jonathan