00 Gauge Class 323

OTrail

Hi - there are lots of options in N and it's worth looking at these to see what the sources are and if you can work out how to do it in 00. I'm fairly certain there is no kit in 00, but there is a possibility that Electra could do you some vinyls in 00 which would help. WCM has posted this which may be worth chasing up http://www.westcoastminiatures.com/class323.html

• 4 months later...

The chap who did the class 313/314/507/508 resin kits has just released 3 versions of the 323s (original/mid-life/new toilet mods). He's offering x15 of each kit as ltd edition. Painted complete kits will be available later in the year.

Etched window frame/resin bogies/underfloor etc all to be released at a later date. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363023174538

• RMweb Premium
On 16/06/2020 at 15:59, JackB95 said:

The chap who did the class 313/314/507/508 resin kits has just released 3 versions of the 323s (original/mid-life/new toilet mods). He's offering x15 of each kit as ltd edition. Painted complete kits will be available later in the year.

Etched window frame/resin bogies/underfloor etc all to be released at a later date. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363023174538

I may have just ordered one... Oops.

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

Good man. I've never clicked a link fast enough when I saw they were available. 

It's not good, it's terrible, I have nowhere to run it, and it's completely the wrong area. This shouldn't be encouraged!

I'm thinking I'll finish it in GMPTE livery, which the Fox paint guide (https://fox-transfers.co.uk/paint-guide) says is nice and simple, using Executive dark and light grey. I'm going to hazard a guess that transfers for Intercity red/white stripes would be suitable too.

46 minutes ago, JDW said:

It's not good, it's terrible, I have nowhere to run it, and it's completely the wrong area. This shouldn't be encouraged!

I'm thinking I'll finish it in GMPTE livery, which the Fox paint guide (https://fox-transfers.co.uk/paint-guide) says is nice and simple, using Executive dark and light grey. I'm going to hazard a guess that transfers for Intercity red/white stripes would be suitable too.

Hellfire! I'm going for Northern blue/purple. It's the first traction I signed as a guard, so may as well ;-)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

I was thinking Centro to start with, but GMPTE seems an easier shout, and I've been eyeing up GMPTE 142s on Ebay recently too for another quick easy lockdown project (as if I don't have enough 142s!), so at least it'll match that. Plus I have the grey in stock already!

What paints will you be using for the Northern purple? I keep wondering about removing the S&C artwork from my 156 to make it a bit less "not another out of the box Hornby model" and a bit more mundane. I might get around to it one day!

• RMweb Premium

Good to know, another reason to go for GM colours. And if I do it in Centro, then I'd end up wanting a 150/1 and 150/2 to go with it. And if I had those, it'd make sense to do a 3-car 150/0 as well...

Thankfully the dark executive grey is one of the colours that comes in an aerosol, and seemed to work fine when I last used it so that'll cover the roof and half the body sides. Not sure what I'll do about the light grey yet though. 

• RMweb Premium

Do it...

Do it...

Do it...

Do it...

Do it...

Do it...

Do it...

You know you want to...

Edited by JDW
  • Funny 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

If you receive it from the seller, please do let us know. I took the plunge... paid 24/6. Was told on 30/6 that it was ‘ready for posting tomorrow (once a week posting due to house move) and I’d get a tracking number’. 

After chasing, was told on 13/7 that it was posted ‘on Saturday’ (11/7). 

Have asked twice now for a tracking number and received no response. 

I’m not in a rush for them, just don’t know how this will turn out at this stage...

If the bodies do turn up, I’ll be sure to update this post. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, amwells said:

If you receive it from the seller, please do let us know. I took the plunge... paid 24/6. Was told on 30/6 that it was ‘ready for posting tomorrow (once a week posting due to house move) and I’d get a tracking number’. 

After chasing, was told on 13/7 that it was posted ‘on Saturday’ (11/7). 

Have asked twice now for a tracking number and received no response. 

I’m not in a rush for them, just don’t know how this will turn out at this stage...

If the bodies do turn up, I’ll be sure to update this post. 

I'm glad you posted this, I was considering saying the same but holding back. I ordered one, and to be fair he did say it could be a little slow as he was in the process of moving house. It was marked as posted towards the end of June, with an estimated delivery during the first week of July. I sent him a message some time around the end of the second week in July but haven't had a response.

I did state clearly in my message that I wasn't worried about delivery time, but was worried that Ebay had marked it as posted, and wsan't sure if that was correct and it hasn't arrived, or if that was a mistake and it hasn't yet been posted.

Unfortunately I also spotted that he had some test prints for sale at a much cheaper rate, and decided to buy a second set. I did hear from him when I ordered those, which was also around the time the first set should have been delivered. He said they should be in the post in a few days, and they have not yet been marked as posted, a good couple of weeks later. 

I notice he has a lot of good feedback for items delivered (including a 323), and one or two negatives. From memory at least one of those said something about item not received and no communication. I don't want to have to open a dispute for one or both items, as I want the models to arrive, and need to buy the rest of the parts (window frames, underframe equipment) so want to remain on good terms. It's not the end of the world, but lack of communication or offer of explanation is worrying, especially as I've now spent around £250. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Ive ordered the 314 / 507 EMU kits and etchings.

mine arrived safely, but the kits themselves are a bit... er ho-hum to say the least.

They are a job for a lot of long winters nights to make something good from them, but its definitely a step up from the scratch building alternative, not for the faint hearted or instant gratifications seekers, this is lots of work, just to get each of the three coach parts in true, in shape, aligned, filled and looking like a single coach is going to be a joy.

Edited by adb968008
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Ive ordered the 314 / 507 EMU kits and etchings.

mine arrived safely, but the kits themselves are a bit... er ho-hum to say the least.

They are a job for a lot of long winters nights to make something good from them, but its definitely a step up from the scratch building alternative, not for the faint hearted or instant gratifications seekers, this is lots of work, just to get each of the three coach parts in true, in shape, aligned, filled and looking like a single coach is going to be a joy.

How long did they take to arrive?

Is it that they are warped? I would have expected that with 3D printing, things like the side/roof profile would be pretty constant since they are (presumably!) made using the same dimensions and basic CAD shape.

• RMweb Premium

Looking at eBay, I now see that there are no items listed... so even if I do receive the 323 shells, I wonder if there would be the bits to complete. 

equally, I hope the seller is ok. 

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, that's not good. I hope he's OK too. Apart from a couple of negatives, his feedback does suggest that he has supplied what has been ordered to buyers in the past, but the lack of communication and disappearance of all his listings is worrying and as you say @amwells makes you wonder if he is OK or if something has happened - which makes me more reluctant to push to find out where my models are, if he's dealing with something much more pressing than a model of a train.

I've marked both of them as not delivered today, puerly to try and cover myself with Ebay if the worst happens, but included a message to him saying that I didn't mind a delay and hoped everything was well, so long as I know what is going on. Hopefully I won't have to request a refund, but we'll see what happens.

I have one item not received.

Was told he had moved house.

asked Ebay to now sort as just read above & checked his listings.

Not good,

He is selling goods & taken our money !

JDW has he replied to any  of your messages.

My only contact was from the Ebay Resolution deadline,

• RMweb Premium

We had a brief conversation about when the other parts (window frames and underframe parts) would be ready when I ordered the first one, and all seemed well. 

We had another brief conversation when I ordered the second one, and around the same time (I think a few days later, would need to check) I sent a message asking for tracking info for the first one as it was overdue by a couple of weeks, and had no answer. 

I wasn't too concerned at first, as he did warn me before I ordered the first it might take a while to dispach, as he was moving, which is fine, it's hardly life-or-death stuff. But that it was marked as sent and hasn't been received has me worried, because now I don't know if it has been sent and has gone missing, or if it wasn't posted in the first place, which is what prompted me to contact him to check. But as I say, no response to that message.  

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
22 hours ago, JDW said:

How long did they take to arrive?

Is it that they are warped? I would have expected that with 3D printing, things like the side/roof profile would be pretty constant since they are (presumably!) made using the same dimensions and basic CAD shape.

looking at my history, 26th May ordered, delivered 3rd June.

I did have a follow question about the window etchings, he responded same day, that was June 21st.

He did what he said on the tin, so I cant complain from the service & delivery.

I’ve ordered multiple items from him before (I also purchased parts from his 313 kits) - they can take a while, ranging up to 2-3 weeks sometimes.

That being said I ordered the test print around a month ago and it still hasn’t arrived. The main kit I ordered arrived quite promptly (around a week after ordering), so this is slightly worrying.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, OTrail said:

I’ve ordered multiple items from him before (I also purchased parts from his 313 kits) - they can take a while, ranging up to 2-3 weeks sometimes.

That being said I ordered the test print around a month ago and it still hasn’t arrived. The main kit I ordered arrived quite promptly (around a week after ordering), so this is slightly worrying.

Didn't he used to frequent RMWeb?

Roy