GNSR Wagon Lettering

ScottW

There is a 1921 drawing showing the arrangement of lettering which is very basic and actually more information can be found from photographs.  I did sheets of lettering myself and simply adjusted the size and spacing until I got them to look reasonable. I used Arial Narrow 40 for the main GNS in 7mm.

If you want copies of what I used, DM me.

John

On 17/02/2020 at 21:09, Graham R said:

Contact Keith Fenwick, Great North Review editor, contacts here: http://www.gnsra.org.uk/gnsra_contact.htm . Or Des Byrne the Association's modelling co-ordinator.

There is a GNSRA publication on wagons but it seems to be out of print. I am away from home so can’t check mine at the moment.

Hope that helps

regards

Graham

Thanks, Graham. It was Keith Fenwick that I originally emailed using an address posted on the GNSR website. It might be an old address, I don’t know but I’ll try Des Byrne.

21 hours ago, sulzer27jd said:

There is a 1921 drawing showing the arrangement of lettering which is very basic and actually more information can be found from photographs.  I did sheets of lettering myself and simply adjusted the size and spacing until I got them to look reasonable. I used Arial Narrow 40 for the main GNS in 7mm.

If you want copies of what I used, DM me.

John

As mentioned above, I’ll email Des Byrne and ask if he can assist. Depending on the out come I may take you up on your generous offer, thank you. 

Scott