Chapel-en-le-frith Exhibition 22/23 Feb 2020

Burnham-on-sea

New Mills and District Railway Modellers present their 46th Annual Exhibition at Chapel-en-le-frith Leisure Centre SK23 0TQ this coming weekend 22/23 February 2020.  There will be 3 layouts in 0, 10 in OO, 4 in N, 1 each in T, LGB, TT and 009. 6 demonstrations, 9 Traders and 5 Preservation Societies. The Buxton Model Engineers also have a display. For further details see www.nmdrm.co.uk   The hall is all on one level and refreshments are provided by the Leisure Centre.

• RMweb Premium

I’ll be bringing my OO ‘blue diesel’ layout for what might be its last exhibition appearance.  Work has already well advanced on its replacememt which I’m hoping to have ready for the 2021 Chapel exhibition.

In addition to having my 00 layout at the Chapel exhibition, my other new layout (HOf) will be at the Morecambe narrow gauge show on Saturday - somebody else is taking it for me.

• RMweb Premium

Another excellent day on Sunday.  Managed to help a few visitors with modelling questions, such as using frog juicers.  It always makes exhibiting more enjoyable if you can help people progress with their projects.

Got the layout packed in the van before the rain returned.  Hall emptied, tables loaded into vans and the floor covering up so we could all go home at 1815.  Very tired today.

I don’t know what the visitor numbers were, but it seemed well attended.

I was planning to retire and dismantle ‘Linden Grove’, but my operators enjoyed running it so much they are hoping it will get some more exhibition invites.  Anyone want a blue diesel layout at their show?