LMS D1927 3 plank scratchbuild in 7mm - DONE!

Guest WM183

I've been through my stock today and can let you have 2 sprues identical to the one shown in Hal's photo above.  I can also include a spare set of long springs in case you lose/break one. Please P.M. me your contact details and I'll get the bits packed up for you.  

Cheers,

Ray.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, WM183 said:

That is a neat idea. I never thought to make molds of some of these bits.  That's a very good looking casting!

Michaels workbench thread has a demo of making a mould that's worth looking at. 

I've got 5 or 6 Cooper Craft 5 planks bought to convert to china clay wagons but with the effort involved makes more sense to convert one and mould it.

But I wouldnt be able to sell them if based on a kit so making a master would be better at which point might as well make the BR one which is better for my period, In the meantime, Michael is working on a kit now anyway!

Hence no progress in 10 years and probably ought to sell the Cooper Crafts. But I do want to try moulding something.

Edited by Hal Nail
  • Thanks 1

On my D1927 built from the Haywood etched kit the end stanchions are at 21.2 mm centres.  Hope this helps.

Ray.

Edit: FWIW on the D1892 5 plank open the dimension is given as 2'9" centres.

Edited by Marshall5
  • Thanks 1

I got a bunch of bits today from Hobby Holidays.  Very good as delivery was a week to the day since I ordered.  (I ordered a pack of Rowntrees Fruit Gums from Amazon 2 weeks ago and they still haven't landed. :angry:)

There are brake shoes, brake push rods, brake lever guides and a very busy fret containing vees and various other things.

Great for scratchbuilding.

By the way, your work so far looks awesome.

John

Edited by brossard

• 4 weeks later...

There are a number of brake levers listed, some without pics.  If your lever is too long, it is no big deal to shorten and/or re-bend.

The difficult thing is to get the taper so if you have that, you're in good shape.

John

Edited by brossard
  • Agree 1