KRModels announce N gauge SHARK ballast brake van

hmrspaul

The March Model Rail has a full page announcement from K R Models that includes mention that they are at an advanced stage of CAD work for a N gauge model of the SHARK. They are looking for expressions of interest/pre-orders for the Shark ballast brake van in "a broad spectrum of liveries to choose from, will be available to suit different eras from the 1950s to the early 2000s.

They have requested some photographs from me - but I will not reveal which - from https://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/sharkzuv

More information about these vans can be found in

Gent E (1999) British Railways Brake vans and ballast ploughs. Pub. By HMRS 92pp. ISBN 0 – 902835 – 16 –5.

This remains available https://hmrs.org.uk/british-railways-brakevans-ballast-ploughs.html

Paul Bartlett

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I started a similar thread on 3 February about the n gauge Shark, based on an article that appeared in the on line World of Railways BRM newsletter, however at present that thread and another about a further KR Models announcement has been hidden by Andy York pending clarification of the information. When I last checked, the World of Railways BRM newsletter article had been removed as well.

Edited by rembrow
correction

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, rembrow said:

I started a similar thread on 3 February about the n gauge Shark, based on an article that appeared in the on line BRM newsletter, however at present that thread and another about a further KR Models announcement has been hidden by Andy Young pending clarification of the information. When I last checked, the BRM newsletter article had been removed as well.

That was because the information went out early in error. It was supposed to be embargoed until 02 March. A bit difficult to stick to that if an ad is placed in a mag which has arrived with subscribers well before the date.

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

That was because the information went out early in error. It was supposed to be embargoed until 02 March. A bit difficult to stick to that if an ad is placed in a mag which has arrived with subscribers well before the date.

So presumably 'the other item' remains embargoed although it has been briefly mentioned elsewhere?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

It's very easy to tell if it is the former DJM one.  There was a particular error on it which would quickly prove it one way or the other because nobody commented on it back when DJM were pumping out as 'their work' the CAD the factory had drawn.  There was also another error on it which was discussed on the relevant DJM thread but Dave decided not to have it corrected.  

KR are asking, through their ad, for comments on the detail so presumably once their well & truly broken 'embargo' is lifted they will post the CADs for the various versions they intend to market and the truth will out - one way or the other.  But word in the trade is that it is the former DJM CAD purchased via the liquidator.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

and the truth will out - one way or the other.  But word in the trade is that it is the former DJM CAD purchased via the liquidator.

I can confirm that the " Rights for the Drawings" for various model(s) were bought from the Liquidators of DJ Models Ltd. No Tooling was bought. Just to eliminate any sidetracking of collaboration between the two companies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bedlington North said:

That's an interesting change of tack from KR considering there is a screen shot from their Facebook page just up this thread where they say this about the King CADs:

1791990679_Kingcap.JPG.84db02445e586ca596b25f79a1cfc6cf.JPG

It is entirely possible that KR's original CAD wasn't DJM's, as they have stated, but purchasing the items from the liquidator has changed things.

Best

Scott

Edited by scottystitch
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Howdy all, Michael here

I realise now my father isnt the most articulate of people, and often his words aren't complete reflections of what he wants to say.

To clear this up, what he meant was that DJ has no involvement in this project at all, save for him going bust and liquidating all of his assets. All work done from here on is is purely our own and will have no assistance or guidance from DJ in the slightest. These CADS are not DJ's anymore, they are ours and the only thing DJ can do is watch as our project succeeds where his failed.

We do apologise for the confusion since this one is definitely our fault here, but I hope this has eased the confusion and (albeit warranted) anger towards seeing DJ's name come back. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

hi kr models

is this a crowd funded project? 

many people are understandably wary of crowd funding following the djm collapse. if you are crowd funding can you offer any reassurance or some safe guarding scheme (?) to persuade people to participate? 

best of luck with the project

tim

2 hours ago, bluedepot said:

hi kr models

is this a crowd funded project? 

many people are understandably wary of crowd funding following the djm collapse. if you are crowd funding can you offer any reassurance or some safe guarding scheme (?) to persuade people to participate? 

best of luck with the project

tim

Sadly I fear crowd funding these will be a bad move and fail. KR Models will have to find a way to get these tooled up without deposits as people will be wary of paying up front, and based on the GT3 if it doesn't reach its figure it won't go into production so its catch 22

• Agree 1