23 hours ago, westernviscount said:

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of suitable decals to finish a Dapol scammel scarab kit in br yellow with early railfreight/door to door logo? 

Basically...like this...

76RAB009_29126_Qty1_1.jpg.ea6ee43e2212e95d56146f7c7d955cd5.jpg

Many thanks!

Dave

Unfortunately I don't think they are available these days. They used to be done by Woodside Transfers.

I have made my own for this livery using transfer paper.

847266602_BRFREIGHT0.6.jpg.c9812f7491ae9479a8d41ff36b655afd.jpg1839923676_17-10-2012003.JPG.42ca1030703e069860030aad450b65be.JPG942126102_14331GT3CM.JPG.cfd73e07c1f73be7f289e6891ea61767.JPGNMP234E.JPG.004b4c4c29838a6be9475468ec3b4044.JPG

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Merfyn Jones said:

The Scarab 3 ton is by Bachmann.  The Townsman is a Corgi with a modified trailer. The Walkthru is a Efsi cab grafted to a Corgi BRS Noddy Van body.

They all look great Merfyn. Did you draw up the logo yourself? Also, what is the actual name of the logo? Modelmaster transfers refer to the "honeycomb" logo for containers.

Many thanks for the reply!

Dave

7 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

In case you're going to look for these I believe it's Woodhead Transfers.

Sometimes can be found at exhibitions in the forgotten about boxes.

Mike.

Cheers Mike, i may persist with this. There was a box at my local model shop that has a ton of defunct transfers. trouble is, when flicking through you never know what you are going to regret not buying. If i had the means i would have bought the lot! i am pretty sure i never saw this logo set though. 

cheers

Dave

Edited by westernviscount

3 hours ago, westernviscount said:

They all look great Merfyn. Did you draw up the logo yourself? Also, what is the actual name of the logo? Modelmaster transfers refer to the "honeycomb" logo for containers.

Many thanks for the reply!

Dave

Logo came from a photo of a preserved one originally, but the one above came off the internet.  I have always known it as the flying crate from back in the 60s.

I'll admit I hadn't noticed that the 3D flying box was a different colour on the road vehicles compared to on the containers - my few are all b/w!  Must have been fairly short lived as the Bedford vans appear to have been delivered with a red BR double arrow (there are several on my site as Staines had them scattered around the yard doing nothing when newly delivered) , and NCL followed quite soon.

Paul

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

I'll admit I hadn't noticed that the 3D flying box was a different colour on the road vehicles compared to on the containers - my few are all b/w!  Must have been fairly short lived as the Bedford vans appear to have been delivered with a red BR double arrow (there are several on my site as Staines had them scattered around the yard doing nothing when newly delivered) , and NCL followed quite soon.

Paul

Yes Paul, short lived.  The flying crate was mid 1963 and the double arrow about early - mid 1965. NCL Jan. 1968

On 20/02/2020 at 23:44, Steamport Southport said:

A bit of a blast from the past, but have you tried Mabex?

I believe they are still available as I saw a list recently.

Details here.

http://www.modelbuszone.co.uk/tmb/links/accessories.htm

Jason

Thanks Jason, 

I had a quick look and nothing jumped out at me but i shall give them a call. 

Many thanks!