Gelternau (Formerly Konigsbrucke) - Swiss 2mm N scale layout 1997 - 2005 (with some present day stock too)

cornish trains jez

5 hours ago, swisspeat said:

Nice one Jeremy!

Good insight into your future plans and clear commentary.

Laser cut card bridges are a lot stronger once assembled than I imagined them to be and you could look at the Noch range for example...

looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Great to see long trains in action.

kind regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your comments. I'll take a look at the Noch range and see what they have available. It may be that I can kit bash something together which will suit the location quite nicely.

Thanks for looking in. I'll update again mid to late this week.

Best regards and stay safe,

Jeremy

Edited by cornish trains jez

3 hours ago, shanks522 said:

Really looking forward to seeing this develop Jeremy, i've definitely got the continental bug in ho, might be tempted in N now. 

Graham. 

Thanks Graham.

Its an exciting project and I'm hoping to get some good progress in over the coming days. Will update again mid to late this week.

If you like continental stuff, then N is the way forward for some scale length trains.

Jeremy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, cornish trains jez said:

If you like continental stuff, then N is the way forward for some scale length trains.

Jeremy

I’m extremely tempted with a sound fitted BR 52 from fleischmann. This could be a slippery slope! 

graham 

• Like 1

Evening,

Hope everyone is well. Had a mini running session with my two sons this evening before they went to bed and I snapped a couple of shots while enjoying the trains running by.

First up, my 6 year olds favourite train, the TGV Lyria.

28th_April_2.jpg.bb69523c81c2e97aaef92f13b6e1c99a.jpg

I had this SNCF FRET BB437000 running earlier today on the car carriers but had it parked up on the 4th running line, yet to be wired up. Has anyone else had any issues with the motor on this one? It seems a bit gutless. I'm wondering if it needs a little more running in without a load.

28th_April_3.jpg.929a2d14c33610fe6340dc8d9e57db6e.jpg

My all time favourite Swiss loco/EMU is Katos brilliant RABDe Eurocity "Grey Mouse". Have enjoyed running this one since I have got the layout up and running.

28th_April_12.jpg.39a44dfb758b15a6d51a96b64ccff136.jpg

Tonights line up at a very busy Erstfeld Depot!

28th_April_6.jpg.1171f35cef72bccd8f7623100714403b.jpg

As you can see i the photos, I've pretty much laid all four running lines on boards 1 and 2 now. Just the service road to add now. Waiting for a single slip to turn up.

Jeremy

• Like 5

9 hours ago, MOB 2002 said:

An impressive collection, and I agree there is definitely something about a ‘Grey Mouse’ that gives them a special appeal.

Have to admit I’m most envious of the more humble Rbe4/4 though.

Thank you. I only really bought Rbe4/4 as I wanted the driving trailer car in the set and they aren’t available separately. It’s a nice train though and I’ll certainly be picking some additional coaches once Piko release them.

Jeremy

2 hours ago, Frutigen said:

Lovely collection.  I’ve got the Arnold Rbe4/4 (class 540) railcar, but there’s a problem with it. I’ll start a separate thread later so as not to derail this one. 

Thank you. I’ll be interested, as I’m sure others will, in the problems you have with the Arnold Rbe4/4.

Jeremy

Good afternoon,

Started my scratch build project pantograph for my Hobbytrain Re 6/6 yesterday. Here are the results so far. I'll post a few more progress photos from start to finish over the coming days. This end will have the pantograph in the lowered position and the other end will have it in a fixed "up" position. I'm using plastic strip, some somerfeld isolaters and modified bits of the original pantograph. I think it looks better and an improved look already.

Comments and thoughts welcome.

RE_6_6_Panto_construction.jpg.49026bd654c46159c6673839028294a6.jpg

Jeremy

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
On 29/04/2020 at 10:04, cornish trains jez said:

Thank you. I’ll be interested, as I’m sure others will, in the problems you have with the Arnold Rbe4/4.

Jeremy

I've started a blog about problems with the Rbe4/4 here and would appreciate any tips to help resolve it over at the blog.

Now I'll hand you back to Jeremy at Konigsbrucke...

• Like 1

Evening  all,

Just a quick update on the layout before I upload my latest video update with plenty of train action throughout the video. Track laying has continued and I’ve made some good progress. Here is an overall view of how the layout now looks with the four main lies now laid on boards one and two and the service road now partially laid with the siding running into post depot.

I’ve also made a mock up of the signal box based on that at Pratteln.

B017AB18-43D1-486C-814D-5AB6571BF7C7.jpeg.62c39f546f78d127e49258ab06b7d5c1.jpeg

Jeremy

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium

I love those curves and the sense of space. Do you expect always to view it from the front or do you have different viewpoints in mind like this one? The placement of the station building suggests maybe the latter?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frutigen said:

I love those curves and the sense of space. Do you expect always to view it from the front or do you have different viewpoints in mind like this one? The placement of the station building suggests maybe the latter?

Yes ,the curves really add to the atmosphere and they have a camber on the too so the trains lean into the curves as they pass through. Looks great! The building on the left will be an office block however I'm wondering if I need to sink it into the ground a little as it does obscure the view of the trains coming around the curve, however, on the the flip side, it does look more prototypical as the trains are running more "in the landscape". The left of the photo is the front of the layout but I'll try and vary the view points.

The station will be an "off scene" station a bit further back from where I took the photo.

I'll post my video shortly.

Jeremy

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Hope you enjoyed my second video update (posted a few posts above). I made some progress yesterday on some  ore card mock up buildings. Realising that I had more space than I anticipated next to the Post container depot, I have decided to add a warehouse, based on the Coop building adjacent to Pratteln station. Here is the card mock up..

1218926006_PrattelnCoopbuildingMockup.jpg.2bd6b81ba9ce0bc668abedddf858d8e9.jpg

...and here is the prototype building:

Pratteln_Coop_building_google_image.png.975d92252c1b731332c98ac5c9246a01.png

I still need to mock up the building behind it. I'll try and get a photo later of the building on the layout.

Jeremy

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MOB 2002 said:

I’m really looking forward to seeing your techniques on the actual buildings. Even the card mockups look very imposing.

Mark

Cheers Mark. I really like scratchbuilding buildings so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in to them. The other structure I would like to include on board two is a footbridge. Again, I'll be using a structure from Pratteln. It will be similar to this one.

BLS 465 007 en Re 4/4 189 Pratteln

Hans Wiskerke

BLS 465 007 en Re 4/4 189 Pratteln

Jeremy

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Frutigen said:

Really enjoyed the latest video, the cant on the track looks just right when the pair of BLS TRAXX run past with a train. Great work. 

Hi,

Many thanks! I'm pleased with the cant and glad it looks good. The TGV also looks quite good sweeping through "on the lean"!

I'm hoping to do another update video at the weekend.

Jeremy

Evening,

Made a start on the bridge across the river today. I have loosely based on one situated just outside Sihlbrugg and spanning the river Sihl. Its of a concrete construction so thought it would suit the location quite nicely. I'm wondering whether I need a middle support but will see in the morning once the glue has dried.

So I've used wooden supports to each end made from some off cuts of soft wood and cut and fitted each end. These will be wrapped in some embossed stonework. Then I've used various bits of plasticard and plastic strip and square strip to make the bridge itself. Then a liberal coat of Plasticote suede sprayed on to give a basis for the concrete effect and then I'll paint and weather. Still some more details to add first and then another coat of the Plasticote on the top section.

Here are a selection of progress photos...

Bridge_2.jpg.2a2a7741a867c60891138cc6e15c8c36.jpg

1087777832_Bridge3.jpg.63f95950a9e89845d6a8018bc3e2cf98.jpg

595693034_Bridge5.jpg.49f4ac15545ca0755559094e0ddf9959.jpg

Bridge_6.jpg.0be480659206872a41ac315f594694e0.jpg

Jeremy

• Like 6