Accurascale Scottish 37s announced

26 minutes ago, 66738 said:

I had to have a quick look at photos of 37043 just to convince myself that she did from time to time venture away from Scotland. Evidence of her at Ipswich in 1986, and at Gloucester in 1987 were enough for me to order. 

I remember seeing 37043 at Colchester a few times, but only after it had been repainted into RF construction.

Mmmmm....... never can have too many Scottish 37’s!.... lol......   

Got a question re the lighting... Does anyone know how the lighting will work with regards to the Domino headcode/marker lights and the hi intensity/car light?   Will the Domino’s be of a lower intensity than the headlight or will all 3 lights be of the same intensity?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

*ooo-ooo   (my proposed Whyte notation for a car headlight 37) ;-)

thats a nice announcement, I was actually just putting a white stripe 37 on my to do list....

37027 looks a must here.. Heljans doing the unpowered Ethel to go with it too

9 hours ago, 66738 said:

I had to have a quick look at photos of 37043 just to convince myself that she did from time to time venture away from Scotland. Evidence of her at Ipswich in 1986, and at Gloucester in 1987 were enough for me to order. 

Found great pic of LARGE LOGO 37 082 loch long at Horton Road 22nd May 85 

on Derick Jones Flicker page. Plus over 700 more great colour loco pics. Don’t start looking unless you have a least a spare three hours.

ready to order mine too. Plus others

Edited by Pigwife007
Spelling
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well done Accurascale on your latest release of Class 37s. 

It's fantastic that you are capturing all of the variants that haven't been modelled in ready to run form before in OO Gauge. 

I will let you all into a little secret. I had an inclination that the announcement for this weekend at Model Rail Scotland was an extension to the Class 37 range, because earlier this week a product page for 37027 was posted to the Class 37 section of the Accurascale website. It wasn't live as in it couldn't be pre-ordered or bought but the product page was their. But I didn't want to spoil the surprise and the official announcement. 

Thankfully for this batch of 37s myself and my wallet have breathed a sigh of relief, because Scottish 37s are not my era. I am sure though that knowing Accurascale their will be some additional modern image 37s added to the range before long. 

Keep up the good work Accurascale. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

Edited by DRS Crewe On A Mission
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As if I did’nt have enough to think about, Accurascale go and release details of their 1980’s styled Scottish region class 37’s! These look the business and judging by the number of Bachmann 37’s currently up for sale on Ebay (7 pages worth this morning) it appears to me that a number of people are already thinking about upgrading their fleets!

It will be an interesting time watching the Bachmann versus Accurascale contest unfold. The impact on prices will be noteworthy with Accurascale’s superior and more accurate detail at a similar price point in terms of RRP appearing to have the edge. Accurascale additionally state their chassis will have enough space for bigger speakers thus avoiding the industrial scale milling and resulting expense that is necessary to get an EM2 or equivalent size speaker into a Bachmann model. If nothing else perhaps it will cause Bachmann to re-visit their stance regarding the general lack of space within their locos for speakers.

All in all Accurascale look well placed but in building up expectations they will need to deliver what they are promising. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, young37215 said:

Accurascale additionally state their chassis will have enough space for bigger speakers

Every 37 we make has a full PowerPack super capacitor bank installed as standard for uninterrupted running, sound and lights as well as space for two speakers on board. The DCC sound models also include a sugar cube speaker, an EM2 speaker and a

loksound v5 chip. 

hope that helps. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, young37215 said:

It will be an interesting time watching the Bachmann versus Accurascale contest unfold. The impact on prices will be noteworthy with Accurascale’s superior and more accurate detail at a similar price point in terms of RRP appearing to have the edge. Accurascale additionally state their chassis will have enough space for bigger speakers thus avoiding the industrial scale milling and resulting expense that is necessary to get an EM2 or equivalent size speaker into a Bachmann model. If nothing else perhaps it will cause Bachmann to re-visit their stance regarding the general lack of space within their locos for speakers.

The EM2 speaker configuration is already part of the new Class 37 thus it will be applied to the sound versions of these Scottish 37's I would think...that's progress :good:

Edited by classy52

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, classy52 said:

The EM2 speaker configuration is already part of the new Class 37 thus it will be applied to the sound versions of these Scottish 37's I would think...that's progress :good:

The Super capacitor dual speaker config is our default standard and common across our announced and new ranges. So all 55’s, 37’s and 92’s will have this config and even the mark 5’s include capacitors for flicker free lighting. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 minutes ago, McC said:

The Super capacitor dual speaker config is our default standard and common across our announced and new ranges. So all 55’s, 37’s and 92’s will have this config and even the mark 5’s include capacitors for flicker free lighting. 

Apologies, but that's an EM2 speaker with another smaller one correct?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Apologies, but that's an EM2 speaker with another smaller one correct?

Exactly that. The lokSound 5 specifically supports two speakers in a paired configuration just like a larger speaker enclosure with the right frequency going to the right speaker. So each sound loco has two fitted. A big em2 and an ‘iPhone style’ cube speaker. 

Edited by McC
  • Thanks 1

Super times for a Tractor modeller. 

I think Bachmanns days look very numbered for the new class 37 market with these sorts of models coming on stream.

051 on my radar... if we could just complete the rest of the ML Dolphin era fleet I would be most grateful !

010, 037, 049, 099, 111.

145, 370, 373 and 379 at some stage too. ;).

Then we can move onto ED 37/4's !

• Like 1