Accurascale Scottish 37s announced

4 hours ago, McC said:

Every 37 we make has a full PowerPack super capacitor bank installed as standard for uninterrupted running, sound and lights as well as space for two speakers on board. The DCC sound models also include a sugar cube speaker, an EM2 speaker and a

loksound v5 chip. 

hope that helps. 

Care to remind us who's sound files will be used on the 37's ? 

TIA

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, tractor_37260 said:

Care to remind us who's sound files will be used on the 37's ? 

TIA

full details of the sound project will be released in due course 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

With regard to the snowploughs and NEM coupling box etc, will the ploughs and coupling mechanisms be body mounted to allow as near as possible full pipework to be retained? 

cheers

Yes, the NEM pockets and snowplough mounts (which are in accurate 3 pieces) are body mounted (like all our other locos)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Growling said:

Super times for a Tractor modeller. 

I think Bachmanns days look very numbered for the new class 37 market with these sorts of models coming on stream.

051 on my radar... if we could just complete the rest of the ML Dolphin era fleet I would be most grateful !

010, 037, 049, 099, 111.

145, 370, 373 and 379 at some stage too. ;).

Then we can move onto ED 37/4's !

Dolphins ?  ML allocated locos had leaping Salmon's on Blue locos, and Hammer & Anvils on R/F Sector locos -  no Dolphin's ! 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, tractor_37260 said:

Dolphins ?  ML allocated locos had leaping Salmon's on Blue locos, and Hammer & Anvils on R/F Sector locos -  no Dolphin's ! 

Yes sorry I did mean Salmons - too much watching dolphin cartoons and lack of sleep with my baby boy these days!

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

Any chance of a bundle option being offered for all 4 of these 37/0's ?

Unfortunately at this price and specifications, and supporting retailers, we can't offer bundles on locomotives I'm afraid ;(

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, ThaneofFife said:

you should make a nice saving on the shipping if you have them in one go.

We offer free shipping now on all orders throughout the UK. 

• Like 2

On 22/02/2020 at 11:52, Growling said:

Super times for a Tractor modeller. 

I think Bachmanns days look very numbered for the new class 37 market with these sorts of models coming on stream.

051 on my radar... if we could just complete the rest of the ML Dolphin era fleet I would be most grateful !

010, 037, 049, 099, 111.

145, 370, 373 and 379 at some stage too. ;).

Then we can move onto ED 37/4's !

Here'a 051 for you. Complete with 'dolphin'!

37051 Polmadie 11.9.82.jpg

• Like 2
  • Funny 4

On 20/02/2020 at 10:00, AY Mod said:

Accurascale Shines Light on Special Scottish Syphons

Scottish 37 render.jpg

Accurascale today announces four new Class 37s, this time with the distinctive Scottish ‘car’ style headlight, as part of its first production run of the much-loved Type 3 locomotives in OO/4mm gauge.

These distinctive models were launched at the 2020 Model Rail Scotland show at the SECC, Glasgow and once again offer a variation of the Class 37s yet to be produced in ready-to-run format.

Before the square high-intensity headlight became ubiquitous, Eastfield and Inverness depots began installing what was basically a car headlamp on a bracket to their steam heat 37s to improve visibility at ungated/farm crossings when working to Fort William/Mallaig/Oban and the West Highland and Far North lines.

Over 30 splitbox machines were so equipped from 1984, with 11 centre headcode examples also gaining the safety feature. On the arrival of the Class 37/4s many of the Scottish 37/0s were drafted into the refurbishment programme then underway at Crewe Works, while those that survived were redeployed on freight services north and south of the border. They retained their headlamps into the early 1990s before swapping them for the square style headlight.

The Accurascale Class 37/0 with 'car style' headlight continues the impressive attention to detail set by previous versions of this classic locomotive revealed in November and December last year. With two distinct roof rivet patterns and several body sill variations, each locomotive features a unique and authentic body configuration.

Even more exciting are the four new liveries, BR blue with white sill stripe, large logo, Railfreight Distribution and Railfreight Metals, which we hope will satisfy some of the clamouring for 1980-90s paint schemes that we've received over the last few months.

As with Accurascale’s previously announced Class 37s, the specification for this model is industry leading, with a wealth of separately applied detail and meticulously researched variations. This era of Class 37 allows us to offer something new to modellers of 1980s BR Blue, Large Logo and early sectorisation modellers, so they enjoy the new generation of Syphons in 4mm. The car headlight will also be fully operational.

All four models will be offered in DC/DCC Ready and DCC Sound Fitted formats, with a twin speaker set up with ESU Loksound 5 sound chip fitted to all sound models.

Prices are £169.99 for DC/DCC Ready models and £259.99 for sound fitted models. A £30 deposit secures an order with Accurascale direct, or you can order with their network of Accurascale Approved stockists. Delivery is due in Late 2020. Orders can be placed here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/class-37

Class 37 Specification

Common Features:

Highly detailed OO scale model, 1:76.2

Heavy die-cast metal chassis

Provided DCC ready [21Pin MTX Socket] or Factory DCC Sound Fitted [ESU LokSound 5]

Accurate tumbleholme, nose, cab roof and cantrail curves taken from 3D scan

Multiple body and nose slides to accurately represent almost every member of the class, including three variations of cantrail grille: early EE (for D6700-D6704), later EE and RSH

Four roof styles: Original double riveted, single riveted, welded and welded with antennas

Separately applied etched metal and high fidelity plastic detail parts, including grab handles, aerials, steps, wipers, nameplates, crests and more.

Etched metal door kickplates (where applicable), ‘frost’ grille (where applicable) & super fine etched metal roof grille

Scale width wire handrails

Turned brass roof-mounted horns on centre headcode examples

Full underbody tank detail with brackets and pipework

Bogies feature separate footsteps, brake cylinders, speed recorder, end brake rigging and very fine brake chain

Brake blocks on trucks (bogies) in line with wheels (can be moved for EM/P4 gauges)

Numerous other locomotive-specific details yet to be revealed!

RP25-110 profile OO gauge wheels with fine scale ‘drop in’ EM (18.2mm gauge) and P4 (18.83mm gauge) wheels available separately

Accurate high-fidelity miniature snowploughs

Fully sprung metal buffers, extra-fine factory-installed pipework and screw couplings

Correct height mini-tension-lock couplers with NEM socket as well as a fully detailed bufferbeam

High Performance traction, to include;

High-quality five-pole motor with two flywheels

Metal Helical Gear box for maximum performance and slow speed running

Gearing arranged so locomotive can achieve a scale top speed of 100 mph (160 km/h)

DCC ready with PowerPack capacitor for uninterrupted power

All wheel drive and all wheel pickup

Fully detailed Lighting Pack, including:

Directional lighting, DC and DCC

WIPAC light clusters where appropriate with day and night-time settings

Separately switched cab lighting and illuminated, details driver’s console, auto off on movement

Switchable red tail lights

RP25-110 wheels OO wheels with provision for re-gauging to p4 and EM gauge

Two quality speakers with large sound capsules for best possible sound (*on sound fitted models)

Minimum Radius 438mm (2nd Radius Set-track)

Timeframe specific details:

Class-370-V1-37026-RfD.jpg

Class 37/0 - 37026 "Shapfell"

Early 1990s period

Railfreight Distribution triple-grey

Split headcode nose with plated headcode boxes

Scottish 'car style' headlight

Original nose grilles

Cutaway bufferbeam cowling with oval buffers

Steam heat bufferbeam configuration with air/vac/control/MW pipes

Original windscreens with as built cab layout

Early double-riveted roof with boiler exhaust and large cab roof vent

Fabricated bogies

Original fuel tank configuration

Late EE cantrail grilles

Plated bodyside water filler and associated steps

Optional miniature snowploughs

Class-370-V1-37027-BR-Blue-White-Stripe.jpg

Class 37/0 - 37027 "Loch Eil"

Mid 1980s period

BR blue with white bodyside stripe

Original nose grilles

Early double-riveted roof with boiler exhaust and large cab roof vent

Fabricated bogies

Late EE cantrail grilles

Class-370-V1-37043-BR-Large-Logo.jpg

Class 37/0 - 37043 "Loch Lomond"

Mid 1980s period

BR Large Logo Blue

Original nose grilles

Intermediate single-riveted roof with boiler exhaust and large cab roof vent

Fabricated bogies

Late EE cantrail grilles

Class-370-V1-37051-Metals.jpg

Class 37/0 – 37051

Late 1980s/early 1990s period

Railfreight Metals triple-grey

Original nose grilles

Intermediate single-riveted roof with boiler exhaust and large cab roof vent

Fabricated bogies

Late EE cantrail grilles

Plated bodyside water filler and associated steps (one left unplated)

I thought I knew my 37s pretty well but even I never knew the variety of riveted roof profiles . Does anyone of such knowledge know how many other Scottish large logo ones shared the same details as 043 ? This will greatly help me determine how many to order !

I am delighted at this announcement , but I will be over the moon if the centre head code 37/0 such as 260-264 follow ! And of course , the 4s ! This has been a long time coming for 37 fans .  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, meanach said:

I thought I knew my 37s pretty well but even I never knew the variety of riveted roof profiles . Does anyone of such knowledge know how many other Scottish large logo ones shared the same details as 043 ? This will greatly help me determine how many to order !

I am delighted at this announcement , but I will be over the moon if the centre head code 37/0 such as 260-264 follow ! And of course , the 4s ! This has been a long time coming for 37 fans .  

Re the roof panels, 37043 shares the same roof as 37006 to 37068, but things like nose end doors rule out 37025 for example. If all you are looking to do is a straight renumber then you are limited in your choice to machines within that number range eg 37012, 37027 but best to check photos. 

Edited by 37114
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 37114 said:

Re the roof panels, 37043 shares the same roof as 37006 to 37068, but things like nose end doors rule out 37025 for example. If all you are looking to do is a straight renumber then you are limited in your choice to machines within that number range eg 37012, 37027 but best to check photos. 

But the models of 027 & 043 state different rivet patterns which is what i think he was trying to find out eg which were double riveted and which were single etc

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tony Walker said:

It doesn't mention it in the spec, but will the headlight be wired separate to the marker lights, so it can be switched independently if using DCC? Hope this is the case, so it saves messing with the wiring at some stage. Thanks Tony.

Hi Tony,

We are looking into them being separate, but will have more news on this later in the project.

3 minutes ago, ianwales said:

Slightly off topic, but, is there any chance that Accurascale might consider one of the small batch of South Wales 37's fitted with car headlights for the Central Wales line?

Ian

Hi Ian,

Welsh 37s will be very much in our minds in future releases of our 37s.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

12 hours ago, meanach said:

You can do 37051 from 043 

Edited by sulzer71
wrong

2 hours ago, Bedlington North said:

I'm fairly certain it was the Thrislington to Ravenscraig limestone dolofines working 6S54.

Thanks, :)

I've also found the below image of the same working.

Dusty Spring no field

• Like 8