Accurascale Scottish 37s announced

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bedlington North said:

Very sensible of you to make both the stock and the locos to allow us to replicate this working Fran!

Someone said something very similar to me at Model Rail Scotland and added that 'it's witchcraft to be doing such things as a manufacturer!' I did chuckle. 

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Funny 7

i can see these guys becoming quite a leading light for us UK modellers/collectors on price, detail and quality.

Would love to see them look at the Class 81 AC or perhaps a high end Mk1 fleet with dcc that doesnt have an RRP of £85 a pop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

I'm just curious...how visable is the difference between the single and double riveted roof panels ?  On the double version are the extra rivets a row length wise directly above the cant rail rain strip ?

And NO I'm NOT a rivet counter !

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

I'm just curious...how visable is the difference between the single and double riveted roof panels ?  On the double version are the extra rivets a row length wise directly above the cant rail rain strip ?

And NO I'm NOT a rivet counter !

Hi Tractor,

All the vertical strips that run from one side of the roof to the other are double riveted on the first 42 locos, the next 50 or so had single riveted strips, while the remaining split headcode and all centre headcode locos had welded (smooth) roofs. It's not been done in RTR OO before, so we thought it would be a nice feature to introduce.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Only just seen this announcement! Have ordered two. 

Problem is, there's little available to Accurascale standards to run with these: it's going to show up the current Mk1s, Mk3 sleepers, TTAs, and, without doubt, the new ETHEL ...

... so I'm afraid you're going to have to do all of those too, Accurascale, as you seem to be the only people that can get things right.  

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

@Accurascale Fran

I’ve sent an enquiry email about my order for some of these but suspect it didn’t work properly (my end not yours) What’s the best email to send it to to change my order slightly? 

Many thanks

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Email is sales@accurascale.co.uk

Cheers!

Fran

8 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Just thought I’d share my experience with sorting out my orders with the guys. 

I had requested by email a change but due to my laptop throwing a wobbly, it didn’t send. This morning I tried again using my phone and success! Stephen in particular was superb and nothing has been too much trouble. The result being that I now have all four of the headlight fitted ones on order (2 for Inverawe Jct and 2 for Kilchoan West). Absolutely first class customer service- thank you gents. 

Cheers

Eddie

PS How about doing 37188 Jimmy Shand as part of the first batch of centre box ones , please, pretty please! I was at the naming ceremony for it 35 years ago..... 

Yes I can vouch for that especially Stephen who moves heaven & earth to accommodate your needs when ordering or changing orders...seriously top class outfit.

• Thanks 2

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Yes I can vouch for that especially Stephen who moves heaven & earth to accommodate your needs when ordering or changing orders...seriously top class outfit.

Thanks for your feedback everyone. We'll have to keep Stephen on so, seems to be doing a good job! :)

Cheers!

Fran

• Funny 2

31 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Maybe a Scottish retailer could be persuaded to take one of these on.... 

You could also argue that one of the triplets (37260-2) could be well received

Cheers

i would most certainly argue that the "triplets" would be very well received !!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

@Accurascale Fran Hello Fran,

I noted that a little earlier in the thread a question was raised if you would be doing some Central Wales 37s to which you replied in a positive manner. May I ask if there's any chance that you may produce some early South Wales 37s but with the domino headcode AND skirts? These would be ideal to match your proposed BSC iron-ore tipplers that used to be triple-headed between Port Talbot and Llanwern.

Cheers,

Philip

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, classy52 said:

What a beautiful loco.

Apologies but is this Class 37 in preservation & if so with whom?

If AS do this one I will definitely buy it.

Yes, based at Peak Rail, Matlock.

Roy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, classy52 said:

What a beautiful loco.

Apologies but is this Class 37 in preservation & if so with whom?

If AS do this one I will definitely buy it.

The photo shows it "as preserved" privately owned @ Peak Rail -  with Round Oleo buffers in place of the originally fitted oval versions. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Maybe a Scottish retailer could be persuaded to take one of these on.... 

You could also argue that one of the triplets (37260-2) could be well received

Cheers

37262 was, my favourite, plain engineers grey with car headlamps.

it rescued us on the Clansman on December 29th 1990, piloting 47550, several hours late, at least 3 hours from Inverness in a snow storm that made the brand new 158’s extinct... (they ended up hurriedly as hybrid 156/8 with 1 car from each), an interesting mix of stock with 47550+37262+ PO Red BG, mix of mk2’s and even a stray motorail  that were left over from the previous night... very adhoc, several hours late, quite a long train and a great memory.

I recall we were stranded overnight at Inverness, our planned train being canceled, the days between 26-30th were particularly bad. To compound it, BR had just moved the 37/47s away from IS as Sprinters had just come ontap. 47550 arrived with the down Clansman into Inverness (last nights train Which must have been several hours late too) only about an hour before it went back south.. the IS 08 shunted it out, grabbed a guv, reversed the stock back and 47550 grabbed 37262 on shed (it was the only other loco there that morning) and went back onto the front... then off we went..

even in the days before mobile phones and snow drifts, word got out, someone managed to grab a picture at Kingussie... (not my image / flickr url)

Late runner to London

A pair of 26’s on ploughs went North, which made us later still, and piece de resistance was Strathspey railways Green class 27.. D5394 on BR Metals, clearing points around the station during those days (we tipped off Railscene who managed to get up and film some events during that week, all back in the days when snow didnt stop the job and every effort was made...).

37261 Caithness, in Large Logo blue was also a Highland line favourite, had it a few times on Wick / Thurso and Kyle lines..

So 37261.. L/L Blue, 37262 Engineers Grey....  

and 37430 in Intercity / Mainline livery, with Tinsley plaques, Metal logos as it worked Manchester-Blackpool Club Trains

thats my wishlist.

A1287275-DBE7-485F-BEB1-BD96585F0595.jpeg

4D5CD1B7-FA47-4FE0-860F-DE2CC9161879.jpeg

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

Just received a new Bachmann post-TOPS BR blue 37 and must admit, the detailing is superb, obviously and particularly the body.

The A/S 37 have to be something special to obviously top (no pun intended) it - really impressed.

My order is in for a 37 001, so impatiently waiting .... no pressure of course!

Al.

5 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

I’ve just done a 262 but in 1991/2 condition with the HI headlight as it was when I saw it at Perth. 

AD5E49C8-3D55-4922-A01A-6992ED6B5965.jpeg

SNAP -   This one has working car type spotlights/fitted with EM2 speaker/Bif's WD 37/0 sound file, for some reason it's now the best sounding EM2 fitted 37 I have, it's "alive" and really growls/throbs and rattles the baseboard - loving it ! 

DSC02966.JPG

DSC02965.JPG

• Like 3

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Just received a new Bachmann post-TOPS BR blue 37 and must admit, the detailing is superb, obviously and particularly the body.

The A/S 37 have to be something special to obviously top (no pun intended) it - really impressed.

My order is in for a 37 001, so impatiently waiting .... no pressure of course!

Al.

Bachmann vs Accurascale 37  - simples - no contest - like comparing chalk and cheese...................

• Agree 4

I had a cab ride on 37262 at Kyle of Lochalsh when running round the stock of an SRPS railtour. Large Logo blue with small headlights. Must have been 1987. Happy days indeed. Large Logo would be my choice...

John