Accurascale Scottish 37s announced

5 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

That’s lovely Ken. There is something quite nice about that plain grey livery, especially when they faded slightly. A lot of folk found it bland but for me it suits the 37 quite well. 

Another modelling friend calls it Doomreay ! lol...but I think the plain grey suits the 37...and it's different.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tractor_37260 said:

Bachmann vs Accurascale 37  - simples - no contest - like comparing chalk and cheese...................

Hmmmmmmmm....  Surely that remains to be seen right now.  I'm in for some Deltics, and while I'm in no hurry to receive them, at this point the only thing I can really compare is the on-paper specification of the two models.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Hmmmmmmmm....  Surely that remains to be seen right now.  I'm in for some Deltics, and while I'm in no hurry to receive them, at this point the only thing I can really compare is the on-paper specification of the two models.

Spoken like a true Bachmann employee :D

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 'CHARD said:

You can do a lot more than compare the on-paper specification: the Bachmann models of the 37 and 55 have been off-paper for years and the 37 at least is a shocker; pre-production models of the Accurascale 55 have been on show for some time.

True, there's no pre-production model of the Accurascale 37 (or did I miss that too?!), but the Bachmann model hardly set a high bar - undersize cab-front windows with no grommets, ruining the head-on look; over-wide bogies with underfed brake cylinders; gash where the nose meets the bodyside; no detail around the fuel tanks. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Philou said:

@Accurascale Fran Hello Fran,

I noted that a little earlier in the thread a question was raised if you would be doing some Central Wales 37s to which you replied in a positive manner. May I ask if there's any chance that you may produce some early South Wales 37s but with the domino headcode AND skirts? These would be ideal to match your proposed BSC iron-ore tipplers that used to be triple-headed between Port Talbot and Llanwern.

Cheers,

Philip

Hi Philip,

Apologies, mussed this earlier. There won’t be any in our first run but can see us getting round to them in a future run!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Don’t worry Fran, all four of mine will be going to my mate at Alba Model Effects to get the treatment! 

After seeing his HUOs and Cemflos I'm dying to see what he does to your 37s!

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Eddie R v2.0 said:

Davy never disappoints! His stuff is excellent. 

I’ll be sure to get pics up once we get the locos. 

One question I do have though Fran, what configuration of decoder will we need? 21pin MTC? 

Cheers

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Will indeed be 21pin!

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

Will it have opening sprung doors?

I was surprised over the weekend - I've another Bachmann 37, an EWS one, and the lighting starting playing up, so off came the lid, and I saw what looked like springs by the doors ... I thought only Hornby did that!!

Thing is they fit so well, I probably would never have noticed until I decided to next perform a 'clean, oil and lube' service!!

Al.

Edited by atom3624

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

Will it have opening sprung doors?

I was surprised over the weekend - I've another Bachmann 37, an EWS one, and the lighting starting playing up, so off came the lid, and I saw what looked like springs by the doors ... I thought only Hornby did that!!

Thing is they fit so well, I probably would never have noticed until I decided to next perform a 'clean, oil and lube' service!!

Al.

Hi Al,

Doors are separate parts (to account for detail variation) but not sprung. Modellers will be able to adapt them to open position should they so wish but they’re not ‘opening’ in the truest sense of the word.

Thanks,

Fran

• Like 2

Hi Fran.

Sounds a good compromise in view of everything else going on with the locomotive.

It was a surprise as stated, finding that one out.

I am a fan of opening doors, and spinning fans ... .

Al.

Edited by atom3624

• 1 year later...

I’ve seen lots of chatter in the main Class 37 thread, but unless I am really really blind, none of the teaser images and delivery updates have said anything about the Scottish ones? I have a Loch Lomond on order and am quite looking forward to it, as it will push me into finally building a proper Scottish diorama/mini layout of some sort.

Any update from Accurascale specifically on this part of the run would no doubt be appreciated by more than just me!

Cheers

Stephen

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, sjgardiner said:

I’ve seen lots of chatter in the main Class 37 thread, but unless I am really really blind, none of the teaser images and delivery updates have said anything about the Scottish ones? I have a Loch Lomond on order and am quite looking forward to it, as it will push me into finally building a proper Scottish diorama/mini layout of some sort.

Any update from Accurascale specifically on this part of the run would no doubt be appreciated by more than just me!

Cheers

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Look out for it later this week!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2