If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

No longer needed - Hornby Class 31 BR Blue body (super detailed, preferably weathered). Can buy or swap for Dutch livery non weathered version

9C85

20191205_211429.jpg.47b3b3167886e39b7fcd7bdd18cde782.jpgI have a re-bodied Hornby Class 31 DCC loco, which was originally a super detailed BR blue weathered livery version, but the previous owner swapped it to a Dutch  (clean) livery body when fitting it with TTS sound.  For the  era of my layout, I would like to 'un-rebody' it and revert to a BR blue, preferably weathered, body. I am happy to  either buy a  bodyshell or swap for the current Dutch livery version.  One of the internal screw fixing holes in the current shell is damaged, but the remaining three screws hold it in place just fine.

I have attached a general photo but can supply more on request. Thanks  

Edited by 9C85
Loco sold

I will have a look to see if i can find  the spare class 31 body i have somewhere amounst the boxes of stuff that I have , it is 31270 in blue , I think it is weathered ( factory weathered ) it was originally  off a Mazak rot chassis hence it has a small split by the cab on one side , will need to check the other sides  , will post  / pm you when I find it 

Regards Barrie 

Edited by bazjones1711
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bazjones1711 said:

I will have a look to see if i can find  the spare class 31 body i have somewhere amounst the boxes of stuff that I have , it is 31270 in blue , I think it is weathered ( factory weathered ) it was originally  off a Mazak rot chassis hence it has a small split by the cab on one side , will need to check the other sides  , will post  / pm you when I find it 

Regards Barrie 

Thanks for that 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/03/2020 at 16:23, cheesysmith said:

did you sort this out. Looking through the loft I found a 31270 body, ex mazac rot victim, that just needs a touch of yellow paint on one end, and a grill re-attaching.

Hello. Thanks for the post. I am still looking for a bodyshell if you want to PM me.  Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to those of you who have offered help in my search for a blue bodyshell.  I have bitten the bullet and decided to sell the Class 31 in its current Dutch livery form on eBay.  I will take down this thread once it has gone. Thanks again. 

• Like 1

On 05/04/2020 at 13:09, rob D2 said:

Best of luck.

I have three blue ones which I don’t think I’d part with ! Good little locos if a rad basic 

Thanks for that. I am considering getting a 25, 31 or 33 to replace the outgoing loco. Whatever I get will be blue, and preferably filthy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 14:41, 9C85 said:

Thanks for that. I am considering getting a 25, 31 or 33 to replace the outgoing loco. Whatever I get will be blue, and preferably filthy

Sounds good br blue and dirty...