MRJ 277

drduncan

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, drduncan said:

Or worse, over rated misery music from the 1980s....

6 hours ago, smiths park said:

Picked it up in Newcastle this morning

4 hours ago, wagonman said:

Which means it should hit Sheringham some time in the next fortnight...

"Panic on the streets of Sheringham..."

• Funny 4

5 hours ago, sharris said:

276 didn't even appear in the Wimbledon Smiths where I usually pick it up. I have a feeling  Smiths has deserted me. Heaven knows, I'm miserable now. 

Perhaps they had been sent to the Sutton branch instead.  I counted seven unsold copies in their returns bin on Tuesday!

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 22/02/2020 at 10:03, drduncan said:

Can we have a smiffs status report from any of our field agents...

On 22/02/2020 at 21:59, woodenhead said:

Sounds almost like a YouTube channel: all the Smiffs Stations

On 25/02/2020 at 06:35, drduncan said:

Or worse, over rated misery music from the 1980s....

9 hours ago, sharris said:

I have a feeling  Smiths has deserted me. Heaven knows, I'm miserable now. 

Yeah, yeah ... "I was looking for a mag and then I found one ..."

Well, I guess there's nothing like being cheerful - and this is ... .

Seriously though, if we're going to get "Smiffs reports", I guess it's better if they're at least funny.

For some reason, this reminds me of when I popped into the Cardiff HMV, whilst on my way to a Barry & Penarth MRC open day a number of years back. I was checking if they had any classical music CDs worth getting - and then "Heaven knows I'm miserable now" came over the shop Tannoy.

For some reason, I decided that I didn't much care for their choice of "backing track" and made a bee-line for the exit. Strangely enough, it seemed like just about everyone else there took a similar view - totally inexplicable ... .

Huw.

Edited by Huw Griffiths

1 hour ago, Huw Griffiths said:

For some reason, I decided that I didn't much care for their choice of "backing track" and made a bee-line for the exit. Strangely enough, it seemed like just about everyone else there took a similar view - totally inexplicable ... .

Huw.

Cheer up Huw, just remember... There is a light that never goes out  (MRJ?)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Bit late to the party here: my subscription copy arrived several days ago. A fine issue - Killybegs is a work of art.

On 25/02/2020 at 20:00, Hroth said:

"A Simple Conversion" strikes fear into the heart..... 

Nobody expects the finescale inquisition. Mr Haynes builds and paints the Brassmasters Easichas for a Bachmann SECR Class C, in EM. The only disappointment there is that though he describes his painting techniques for the frames and wheels (the full Wainwright) there's not a good photo showing this off.

Nice viaduct p. 53.

Edited by Compound2632

It’s a shame my article on how P4 modellers can get greater comfort and general happiness by swapping the collars and cuffs on their S4 society apparel for EMGS ones isn’t suitable for publication in the MRJ.  Such clothing modifications reduces chafing and irritation and thus allows P4 layouts to operate more smoothly and problem free...

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

On 29/02/2020 at 08:35, drduncan said:

It’s a shame my article on how P4 modellers can get greater comfort and general happiness by swapping the collars and cuffs on their S4 society apparel for EMGS ones isn’t suitable for publication in the MRJ.  Such clothing modifications reduces chafing and irritation and thus allows P4 layouts to operate more smoothly and problem free...

What about your follow up on incontinence pads and anti-dribble chin wear for 00 RTR buyers when new models are announced?

• Like 1
  • Funny 4