MRJ 277

drduncan

3 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

What about your follow up on incontinence pads and anti-dribble chin wear for 00 RTR buyers when new models are announced?

It’s proving difficult to find test subjects to get the empirical evidence for a rigorous article.... unless you’re volunteering to smell of wee!!!

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, drduncan said:

It’s proving difficult to find test subjects to get the empirical evidence for a rigorous article.... unless you’re volunteering to smell of wee!!!

Have you been to an exhibition lately, plenty of test pilots usually attending.

Mike.

11 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Have you been to an exhibition lately, plenty of test pilots usually attending.

Mike.

I’m sure that this isn’t a problem at ExpoEM... it could be a new tag line: ‘The EMGS; finescale hygiene your neighbour will appreciate’. Not being a pee 4 type I couldn’t comment on S4 society cleanliness.  But I’m not sure finescale soap can be produced to meet the tolerance they demand....

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, drduncan said:

I’m sure that this isn’t a problem at ExpoEM... it could be a new tag line: ‘The EMGS; finescale hygiene your neighbour will appreciate’. Not being a pee 4 type I couldn’t comment on S4 society cleanliness.  But I’m not sure finescale soap can be produced to meet the tolerance they demand....

This is the preferred P4 option;

Mike.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I apologise for my thoughtless use of a gaugist stereotype has led to this unfortunate thread drift. 

However, that last video clip does remind me that I have to make a trip to Tesco today...

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, drduncan said:

Odd though how people who don't use P4 standards or aren't a member of the Scalefour Society know so much about it.

As a member of both the S4Society and the EMGS (but not through indecisiveness) I can't say I have noticed a difference in the hygiene standards. It is usually at the "all scale" exhibitions that it becomes apparent, along with the rucksacks.

• RMweb Gold
On 29/02/2020 at 08:35, drduncan said:

Such clothing modifications reduces chafing and irritation and thus allows P4 layouts to operate more smoothly and problem free...

It's extremely vexing when the hairs get into point mechanisms and caught up around our perfect flanges.

It's almost enough to make one want to find out more about the LNER.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

It's almost enough to make one want to find out more about the LNER.

Look, I've already apologised. There's no need to go dragging this thread even further into the mud.

• Funny 3

3 hours ago, Jol Wilkinson said:

Odd though how people who don't use P4 standards or aren't a member of the Scalefour Society know so much about it.

As a member of both the S4Society and the EMGS (but not through indecisiveness) I can't say I have noticed a difference in the hygiene standards. It is usually at the "all scale" exhibitions that it becomes apparent, along with the rucksacks.

That's because entrance to the EMGS requires the complete removal of body hair as per Level 4 decontamination to enter the EMGS shows.

With lower hygene comes greater hairiness hence not affiliated exhibitions are full of hirsute smellies.

• Funny 1

45 minutes ago, corneliuslundie said:

So what should I as an EMGS member wear to attend Scalefour North, bearing mind that it is in Yorkshire?

Jonathan

Ditto!

Sack cloth and ashes?

With, I think, a simple prostration on the exhibition hall floor with a cry of “We are not worthy” should be penance enough....

Edited by D-A-T
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

So what should I as an EMGS member wear to attend Scalefour North, bearing mind that it is in Yorkshire?

Jonathan

I'll be be showcasing a bullfighters outfit.

3 hours ago, corneliuslundie said:

Then the rain had better ease off!

BTW Scalefour North is usually a very good show, well worth the trip from mid (wet) Wales.

And the ashes will spoil the paper suit.

Jonathan

Also well worth the trip from hot and sunny Spain, but you didn't want to know that.

Which day/s are you there?

Mike.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Somewhat unusually, this issue appears to have arrived before I noticed it was due out.........

Rob. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

In actual fact MRJ 278 has been printed, and so it will be seen in print before the current situation improves. That said, the closure of 60% of WH Smith outlets (apologies if I have got that figure wrong) will effectively impact upon on the magazine's availability in the short term. I think it is safe to assume that we will not be seeing a digital version of MRJ(!)

As Jonathan correctly states, Amadeus has closed down its operations for the moment, and I can say that until Amadeus are back and up and running there will not be any further issues of MRJ printed.

Rest assured that production of MRJ nonetheless continues, it is possible that in common with other endeavours and businesses the "respite" afforded by the current situation will better allow the preparation of future issues.

I know that is what I am going to try and do with both of my businesses, The Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop and Wild Swan Books.

Best wishes to all readers of all magazines, and thank goodness for RMweb in the current situation, we are all at least very lucky in this regard I think.

Simon Castens

Edited by Not Jeremy
typo and b*llocks
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

Shouldn't a separate 'MRJ 278' thread have been started by now? With it having already been printed people are going to miss out on frothing up a new thread.

Edited by grahame