KMS Railtech announce HST, Mk3 and Mk2D/E/F coaches in O gauge

AY Mod

• Moderators

KMS_railtech.jpg

KMS Railtech are delighted to announce that we are working on producing a new line of Modern Image O Gauge models!

KMS Railtech, based in Aberdeenshire was created when we took over the TouchCab App. Owned by three very passionate railway modellers, we aim to improve the hobby as best we can. To that end, we work a little differently to others. We are supporters of the “Shop Local” initiatives and believe that local model shops and clubs are vital to the hobby. That’s why we invite our customers to go to their local shop if they can! We recognise that some customers prefer to buy online however, so we also have a very easy to use website at www.KMSRailtech.co.uk., where you will find a comprehensive stock at very comprehensive prices, a price pledge and loyalty programme.

Jamie, Karl and Mike all have vast experience with DCC as well as skills from their professional careers in the oil industry that allow us to help our customers in an unique way. We are also all keen railway modellers in all scales. Our passion is Modern Image, and we feel that “Modern” needs a refresh in 7mm!

Modern should mean modern, so we are aiming to bring a range of products to market that will bring O Gauge right up to date! 

We are very excited to announce that we intend to produce the following models.

Class 43 (HST) Power Cars

Mk3 HST coaches

Mk3 Loco-haul coaches

Mk3 Sleeper coaches

Mk2 D / E / F coaches

M2F DBSO

We are working with a manufacturing partner to bring these models to market, however we can only do this if the demand is there. We are therefore inviting you to register serious ‘Notes of Interest’ via our website. You can show your support in two ways:

On our website you can select the models you are interested in along with the liveries and quantities. We will request a small deposit from you which will be fully refundable should the project not go ahead. This deposit is not to fund the project, it is intended to show genuine interest in purchasing the product, and those that subscribe to this method will receive a preferential order at a discounted rate.

The second option is to email 7mm@kmsrailtech.co.uk with details of products you are interested in. You will not have to pay any deposit, but although this provides us with your feedback, it does not register as committed purchase, and therefore will not necessarily impact our decision to go ahead with production.  

Nothing is set in stone yet regarding our chosen liveries so your input is both valuable and welcome. We are here to satisfy your requirements so let us know your preferences.

• Like 10
  • Agree 1

Just for your info....?...… I tried to email your 7mm@kmsrailtech.co.uk with a few more details but got a message back saying Delivery Status Failure (address not found)…..so if you don't think you are getting many email replies.... 

14 minutes ago, deltic17 said:

Just for your info....?...… I tried to email your 7mm@kmsrailtech.co.uk with a few more details but got a message back saying Delivery Status Failure (address not found)…..so if you don't think you are getting many email replies.... 

thanks! Small oversight there that should now be fixed!

we’re all very excited (and tired) after the weekend! There has been great support so far.

Mike

• Like 1

On 21/02/2020 at 17:41, EmporiaSub said:

Will be interesting to see if those who post comments on Facebook etc about wanting an O scale HST actually follow through with their want.

As for me, it is too modern, I’ve enough to contend with from Heljan!

There are a large number who model the period so think it will work, we shall see. I love the HSTs but too late for me.

Alan

• RMweb Premium
On 23/02/2020 at 17:25, steve fay said:

Between £400 & £550 for the power cars and & £170 to £200 for the coaches according to their web site. 

That price does not surprise me. Whilst I would love one, I feel the price will be beyond my pocket.

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, uk_pm said:

Is there any update on this project, I wonder? 

If you go on their mailing list you can express your interest even without putting a deposit down. I had an email, I think last week from them about it.

Edited by Joner

• RMweb Gold

I would liked to have put a deposit down on some of their future projects but can't justify it at the moment. Plus there are other purchases first. I will get them just can't commit until there is a realistic time frame for release and I know I will have the expenditure. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...