If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello, and some advice please.

Busmansholiday

Hello, 

Having retired some four years ago after almost 40 years in the steel industry,  I'm slowly getting back into railway modelling. Back in the 60's I had OO scale, but around 1970 I moved to N as it gave me more space. Uni, marriage, work etc, ment it was only a couple of years ago I dragged what was left of my N scale stuff out of the loft. I know it must have been around 1970 I changed as the prices on the boxes are in both old and new money.

I came upon this site by accident. I was searching for what was available in N in terms of industrial locomotive models and via here I found Judith Edge models. Having been in contact with Michael I now have an 0-6-0 Sentinel diesel to assemble (I'll add now, and apologies to those I upset, but I have zero interest in kettles. Diesels, and industrial ones are my poison after buses). I sent Michael some pics of locos at British Steels Normandy Park Works (he does a model of their Hunslet) and asked if he thought people on here would be interested in seeing these, and other pics I have managed to take, often without permission (it was a sackable offence to take pics on the sites). So a question, where should I start a separate topic for this please.

I've also pics of trains in a fair few European countries as well as places like Sri Lanka (been loads of times, even managed a pic of the Garret).

Cheers (as per my location, I'm in Wetherspoons).

• RMweb Premium

Welcome to the forum.

Take your time to find your way around.

This might be a good place to start your photos off, but there is/are specific Industrial areas as well, not to mention the 'Gallery' option.

I think that more see the photos in threads though.

image.png.940f9b026e8ee9cd3276e5fefaf3d3d1.png

As for N gauge locos from the 70's, it may take a little TLC to get them running well, and looking at the new releases over the last few years, there will be a bit of a change in the level of detail compared to the older models.

There are plenty of 'how to' threads on here, a quick search will often kick up just the answer you are looking for.

Best of luck getting restarted in the hobby.

Regards

Ian