Kato 11-109/110

SweenyTod1

• RMweb Premium

I would avoid feedback as it has a coreless motor. As for performance I'll leave this quote that I found for you-

"I don't know about DCC but on DC it runs far superior to the old one .Definitely slower running (probably because of the gear train) and very smooth ."

They are direct replacements for the older ones, so should fit anything designed for them.

Thanks Nile for the info. Not surprised about the warning about feedback. A friend recently killed a 00 loco motor, not realising that it was coreless. Luckily I was able to source a replacement motor. All is well now, but told which controllers are safe, so his GM "D" is ok.  I use GMs combi or W. Also H&M controllers, ensuring those with "half wave" can only be used "full", a piece of tape preventing an accidental move of the switch!!

Tod

I have the 11-110 version (which replaces the 11-104) and can confirm the slow-speed running is absolutely fabulous. Using a Gaugemaster W controller, (so no feedback), the unit will creep along very slowly sleeper-by-sleeper from a smooth start. It's significantly better for slow speed running than the old 11-104 which I always thought was pretty good anyway. The improvement is sufficient for me to swap all my old 11-104s for the new 11-110.

I also have an 11-109 on order but they don't seem to be freely available as yet in UK. I would expect performance to be similar to the 11-110 (hopefully). 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got a 109, can echo Stephen's remarks. Wonderful, silent. On the other hand, I got a 105 for a Bandai B-Train replacement. Unusable. Loud, only one bogie powered, being light it can barely pull one OO9 coach.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...