Preston Model Railway Exhibition - 29 Feb/1 Mar 2020

Jeremy Davison

Hello

After our visit to Glasgow last weekend we are looking forward to our trip to Preston this coming weekend with 'Fenchurch St Peter'. As ever we hope to see some old friends and perhaps see some new ones. Say hello if you pass us by.

Cheers

George 

Just about finished getting the stock ready for Minories (GN) ahead of our trip north. The wheels got pretty dirty last time out, and then some oversprayed weathering meant some needed doing again. The wonders of a glass fibre brush and some IPA.

• RMweb Premium

I did get to the show today.  When I saw it was £8 to get in, I initially thought that was a bit steep. However it was an excellent exhibition full of top quality layouts and good traders, so good value for money, well worth the £8.  A nice variety of layouts and they were all running well.  The only thing lacking was things for young visitors, perhaps a couple of layouts that kids could operate next year?  I spent a fair bit too and got most things on my shopping list.  A good day out.

• RMweb Gold

Went today with my brothers and spent about 5 hours at the show, spent too much of course but loved it loads of modern image which is my favoured era.

Loved the apt on Alderford (and the electrics, catenary and era)!!!!

• Like 1

A very big thank you to Les and the team at Preston Model Railway Club for their great hospitality over the weekend.

Fenchurch St Peter is now back in its storage home after performing well ver the weekend.

George, Richard and myself look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Edited by Nobby (John)
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nobby (John) said:

A very big thank you to Les and the team at Preston Model Railway Club for their great hospitality over the weekend.

Towcester is now back in its storage home after performing well ver the weekend.

George, Richard and myself look forward to seeing you all again in the future.

Err John, it was Fenchurch St Peter layout not Towcester.......