Tri-ang Princess Victoria model restored, need tips in converting it into something more Canadian

Howdy! I bought a beautiful gem on Hatton's a week ago, which is a model of princess victoria with intentions of reworking it into a Model of Hornby Dublo Canadian Pacific 1215, the Model while only still British outlined at the moment, I want to Modify with a Cowcatcher and a Battery operated headlight, for easier use... I would like a Few tips on this conversion if possible...  

2CCA065B-0D37-4739-854E-546A6425DA99.jpeg.d0a8907dc553e3633220b56c31625fba.jpeg

The Hornby Dublo version is a Gorgeous model but is unconventional on a Standard layout, plus converting a Standard Hornby Dublo model is a Headache in my opinion, not something I want to do per say. but converting an Old 1950s Tri-ang Railways Model... oh Yes! Yes! Yes!

P.S. the model does in fact run. And does it run well or what! I cleaned the Commentator, brushes, wheels and lubed it a bit ^_^

• Like 1

Triang did a Canadian loco on the Princess chassis (R54/R32 TC Pacific) so there is a version of the front bogie with cowcatchers (also used on R56 4-6-4T). You could go the whole hog and change the body and tender too, of course. Tri-ang locos can easily be dismatled and assembled with little more than ascrewdriver so the one chassis could appear with either set of parts.

The Hornby Dublo LMS Pacific is a Princess Coronation class which is something Hornby did in the 1970s (and since). If you wanted a close copy of the Hornby Dublo '1215' that would be a better starting point than Tri-ang's very compromised Princess Royal class.